Friday, January 8, 2010

friday...

Happy Friday everyone!

This is my first layout for Pages in Time for the month of January.
january

I had a blast working with the new Harlee Quinnz Designs papers. I especially loved the green one, Butterfly shadows. I used Suepup's Sketch.

I distressed the green paper so that it would match the picture a little more since the picture was taken at the park where I got married 7 months ago (how time flies!). I cut a circle out of the DCWV brown cardstock and distressed the edges with a pair of scissor which is the same way I distressed the green paper. The Tim Holtz mask I cut with my Pazzles using a left over piece of brown paper. I distressed it with ink and applied a few dots of white 3D paint. The brown paper matting the picture, the other Harlee Quinnz Designs paper, I distressed using hole punchers, something I learned from Irene (scrapperlicious). I love this look! For the little butterflies I used the Martha Stewart Stamp and Punch set that I got for Christmas. The butterfly's trail I handmade with black stickles. I also rubbed some black stickles on the yellow flowers to mute them down a bit. Finally, for the title, I cut the word GRAND out of a transparency sheet with my Pazzles. I ran it through the cuttlebug with the Textile embossing folder to give it dimension. Then, I painted the back of the letters with the white acrylic paint. Finally, I inked the edges of the front of the letters to add depth.

Here are a few close ups:

Photobucket

List of Supplies
From Design Team Package:
Pattern Paper: Harlee Quinnz Designs Butterfly Garden and Butterfly Shadows
Rub-Ons: BoBunny Heart Throb

From my stash:
Cardstock: Bazzill White Cardstock and DCWV brown cardstock
Glue: Diamond Glaze
Petaloo Brown Flower: Flora Doodles
Colorbok Yellow Flowers: Layered Flowers
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Oriental Trading yellow anchors and mini brad
GCD Studios: Melody Ross Transparency Designs bird (thanks Maggi!)
Ranger Stickles: Black Diamond
3D white Paint: Shiny White
Transparency sheet from Office Max (title)
Inkadinkado: Brown ink
Acrylic White Paint: JoAnn Essentials
Cuttlebug embossing folder: Textile
Cuttlebug machine
and my handy dandy Pazzles Machine

I'm working on a tutorial to show you how to achieve the distressed look in the background paper. Come back later today!

3 comments:

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!