Monday, May 3, 2010

monday...

I hope that you all had a wonderful National Scrapbooking Day! I sure did!
I spent the whole day online on scrapbook.com. They had challenges every hour and I played along all of them and guess what? I actually won one!
I also made a new layout with the theme, why I scrapbook, for the all day chalenge, which I didn't win but I'm so glad that I did it.


I used the sketch and colors are based on The Color Room, a ning community that I just found a few days ago. Here's the inspiration for the layout:


I loved the way my layout turned out! I've had this picture for a few years and didn't know what to do with it and I think it goes perfect for this topic. The journaling reads:
I scrapbook to preserve my memories. So that one day, my children and grandchildren can read all about me, my husband and our lives together. I scrapbook because some moments shouldn't be forgotten. It's the little things that matter the most. I scrapbook to tell my story in a creative way and hopefully, leave a legacy behind that would be treasured for years to come.

Here are some close ups of the layout:

I handmade everything for this layout, including the vine but excluding the Petaloo wild roses (white flowers). The title and journaling are computer print-out as well as the butterflies. I usually don't like round pictures but I love how this one looks!

On another note, I released a few Monarch butterflies into the wild today. As caterpillars, they were munching on a milkweed plant next to my house but when they ate the whole plant, I came to the rescue (typically me). I hand-raised them on pumpkin and today, they all emerged from their cocoons. Nature is truly amazing!
Here are a few pictures:











Thanks for taking your time to read my super long post! :)

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful LO...as I told you on sb.com! You are very creative in making all the stuff yourself!!

    I can't believe you hand raised catepillars...how cool are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    This is amazing.......i looooooooooove butterfly's
    warm hugs
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!