Thursday, September 23, 2010


I'm back today to share with you my newest layout-made only of cardstock!

Maggie over at PIT challenged us to make a layout using only cardstock and stamps, and if we wanted we could also use stickles, glimmer mist and of course ink. To bring it up a notch, Helene challenged us to Pile it ON and combine 3 challenges and a twist in one layout.

Maggie's Challenge: Use cardstock, stamps, and any coloring medium to create a layout.
.::OK, the first thing I did was I stamped a light blue cardstock (non textured) with brown ink (the only one I have). I used a butterfly and dragonfly stamps that I have by Inkadinkado (Morphic Bugs). I randomly sprayed walnut ink over it to mask the bright blue cardstock. I placed a die cut flourish over the page and sprayed again, making a few flourish imprints. You can see these around the corners. I then cut out the die cut shaped paper and outlined the border with a black sharpie. I glues the die cut paper on a brown Core-dinations cardstock which I got recently at Joanns. These cardstock are great for embossing because they are dual tones. For example, this one that I used is light brown and dark brown.

The butterfly is a Martha Stewart stamp that I picked up for $2.00 at Walmart on clearance some months ago. I stamped on a cream cardstock, cut it out, and inked the edges with the brown ink. I placed a layer of Modge Podge over the whole thing to give it a shiny look. I finally added some stickles to it to make it stand out. For the two round circles on the top right corner, I stamped a large section with a background stamp (unknown) that my MIL gave me some time back. I then punched out a 1" circle and inked the edges. Using 3D white paint, I highlighted where the light would hit it::.

Here are some close ups of these pieces so you can what I'm talking about.

Helene's Challenge: Pile It ON!
Barbara's Challenge: Use two different punches in your layout
.::I used MS (Martha Stewart)'s Scalloped Dots and Doily punch to make the border under the pictures. I also water distressed them to give them more texture. Finally, I inked the m lightly with brown ink to give them depth::.

Carla's Challenge: Post a picture of something that we did this past summer.
.::We lounged around most of the summer because it's too hot in Miami to do anything outdoors. We are not beach people so we stayed in and watched movies and relaxed at home. I used my kitty's picture to reflect this since no one is lazier than a cat!::.

Helene's Twist: Use the color purple, or eggplant, somewhere in your layout!
.::I used purple for the word lazy in the title. It actually goes surprisingly well with my color scheme!::.

More info: I used this week's sketch at PIT. I also used Gabrielle's Torn Cardstock Paper Flowers Tutorial (linked in my sidebar). I cut the title using my Pazzles and then I added 3D paint to make it stand out. I also cut the film strip using my Pazzles. The leaves and green flourishes were cut using my cuttlebug. I drew in the veins on the leaves with a sharpie.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you leave inspired into working on a cardstock only layout!

1 comment:

  1. WOW WOW WOW!!!! You did an amazing job on this ....perfect...just perfect!What a great idea on your butterfly...I have gotten sooo much inspiration form you to clean all the drool from my key!


Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!