Thursday, October 14, 2010

thursday...

It's Thursday again and you know what that means? Yup! It's reveal day as a GDT over at Sketchy Thursdays! This week's wonderful sketch is by Diana and I just had so much fun with it!

Here's the sketch:


and here's my take:

I used pictures of me feeding the duckies at a park close by from earlier this year. I did my favorite technique, water distressing, on all the layers of paper that I used here. The hearts were cut with the cuttlebug, inked and glued over a piece of lace and everything was sewn together with my sewing machine. The brown flowers, as well as the small roses are handmade by me. I used one of Gabrielle's flower tutorials for the large brown flowers and the small roses I used a youTube tutorial, linked on my right sidebar. The white pearls are by Prima, which I've had for a while now.

Here are some close ups:


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch! Love the flowers and the paper tearing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful layout!!! Love the flowers and the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your take is gorgeous, too! Thanks also for visiting my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous! Love all the distressing! And pretty details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful LO.
    I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOSH this is sooooo beyond awesome...I love seeing your work...sooo talented! Joy....I have sooo much to catch up on!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!