Tuesday, February 1, 2011

tuesday...AWDML Imaginisce Feb. 1st reveal!

It's finally here! A Walk Down Memory Lane's February 1st reveal! This month featured manufacturers are Imaginisce and Magnolia. What does this means for you? Well, throughout this month you will be able to purchase any (or both!) of these manufacturers and you will receive a 25% off your purchase! How awesome is that!!!???

Well, today I'll be sharing with you my Imaginisce projects and on the 15th, I'll share my Magnolia (Tilda is so cute!) projects.


Supplies: cardstock: Bazzill, Coredinations; patterned paper: Imaginisce; Flower: Prima; Bling: Zva; Other: miscellaneous laces, handmade thickers, big green/blue bloom from stash

Sometimes, when you have the perfect paper, you just want to keep your layout simple and that's exactly what I did with the Imaginisce Black Tie Optional. I do have to admit that I am intimidated with pattern papers that are strips of different papers. I just see P-A-T-T-E-R-N-S and can't focus on a design. However, as soon as I saw Imaginisce's, I knew what I was going to do with it. I cut it all up and rough up the edges to distress them a bit. I then put them back together, matting them on a blue Gemstones cardstock, and machine stitched them unto the blue cardstock. I then matted this on black cardstock for a clean and simple look. The picture is of my mom, grandma, my husband and I on Thanksgiving-we were all wearing black and white with the exception of me, so I used my dress as the focal point of the layout and brought out the blue/green unto the flowers.

Photobucket
The roses are Prima's and the bigger bloom is one that I had in my stash (I think it's also Prima's). The gorgeous swirls are bye Zva and the laces are from my stash.

TIP: If you cut up the bling flourishes you can re arrange them any way you want! The bling on this layout are actually two pieces that I cut up because the smaller pieces were overlapping someone's faces.


I handmade the thickers title using glittered foam from Michaels and my cuttlebug-I think this is my new favorite technique now!

12x12 Layout-at the Thanksgiving table

Supplies: cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: DCWV, Imaginisce; embellishment: Sizzix die cuts; Flower: Imaginisce; ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo; Other: handmade pearl bling, butterfly ribbon, Martha Steward border punch

For this layout I used Imaginisce's Apple Cider Line. I loved the colors on these papers so I wanted to showcase them as well as my pictures. This is why I chose an old sketch by Pagemaps that helped me do both! These papers by Imaginisce are so beautiful and a great weight-perfect for distressing!


For this layout I used Imaginisce's flowers too. They are the perfect size (1.5 inches) and they come in many colors. You can layer them or use them as is! I used a sizzix die cut to make the inner flowers and finished them with a pearl. I used my tutorial to make the pearl flourish.


Finally, I made a huge tag to act as my title/journaling holder in Tim Holtz style. I used two different colors of glimmer mists, some ribbon and lace from my stash and finished it off with some handmade title. I love how this tag came out! I printed my journaling on vellum so you could still see the tag.

TIP: To make the tag with glimmer mist dry faster, use a blow dryer for a few minutes and voila!

2 Cards-Birthday Theme

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; patterned paper: Imaginisce; ink: Tim Holtz; other: ribbon from stash

Ok, so my card stash is now nonexistent with the beginning of the new year so I started working on the 2011 card stash and came up with a set of two birthday cards using Imaginisce's Birthday Bash Collection .I loved this paper because it can be used for anything-cards, layouts, even party embellies if you have enough time!


For this first card, I just printed out my own sentiment and cut out a cake and gift image from the pattern paper and used them as my embellies. I I machine stitched the card unto red cardstock to make it pop.

TIP: Machine stitching makes your cards (and layouts!) look more professional. If you have a machine-try it!


For this second card, I also printed out my own sentiment but made my own candle embellies. To do this, I just rolled some thicker paper and secured it with some glue in the back. I added 2 pieces of thread to make the wick of the candle. I also machine stitched the card unto red cardstock to make it pop.

All of these above mentioned items are available from AWDML's store unless stated otherwise.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate each and every comment that you leave me!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!