Wednesday, March 2, 2011

tuesday...AWDML Doodlebug Designs March 1st reveal!

Can't believe that it's the beginning of the month already but you know what this means though, right? I get to share with you my projects for A Walk Down Memory Lane using this month's featured manufacturers, Doodlebug Designs and Copic Markers! However, I can only share the first one with you as the Copics projects are reserved for the 15th of this month so don't forget to come back! Remember that throughout this month you will be able to purchase any (or both!) of these manufacturers and you will receive a 25% off your purchase!

My first layout is of my sweet baby cousin Annelise with my hubby and I.

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; patterned paper: Doodlebug Designs; letter stickers: Doodlebug Designs; flowers: Petaloo, Prima; bling: Zva; stamp: Heartfelt Creations; ink: Tim Holtz; other: Thread, handmade butterfly and flower

Doodlebug Designs papers are GREAT for baby layouts! I lightly distressed the background pattern paper and did a ruffled look using Gabrielle's tutorial. I handstitched the pink circle in the middle to give it a finished look. I matted the pictures in pink.


This month at AWDML we are focusing on flowers. I added some pink Petaloo flowers but felt like it needed a bigger bloom so I used Gabrielle's water distressed flower tutorial to make my own and I finished it off with a Prima rose in the middle.


I then added some stamped leaves and butterflies to the layout and finished it off by adding some Zva flourishes.

My second layout is a bit bright but I love how it turned out!


Supplies: cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: Doodlebug Designs, The Girls' Paperie; letter stickers: Doodlebug Designs; chipboard: Thickers; flowers: Prima; pens: Sharpie; glitter: Stickles; stamp: Heartfelt Creations; jewels: The Robin's Nest Dew Drops

This layout is actually based on my own sketch. Here it is:

Sketch Designed by Amarilys Doria

I used a Doodlebug Designs die cut paper for my base and all the rest of the papers are also by Doodlebug.


I cut out the flowers from The Girls' Paperie paper and used them as embellies in my layout. I also added a Prima flower, butterflies and some stamped leaves to the layout. I finished it off with the title-the word flower are brown thickers and the rest are letter stickers from Doodlebug Designs.

My last project is a Birthday card using Doodlebug Designs paper:

Supplies: cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: Doodlebug Designs; glitter: Stickles; punch: Martha Stewart; stamp: My Pink Stamper; other: handmade pink rose, ribbon from Michaels

The card is pretty basic and simple but I have to work on my non existent card stash. I handmade the paper rose, added stickles to it for some glam, and adhered it to the card. The leaves were punched with Martha Stewart punch and we also stickled. This card took less than 15 minutes to finish but I really like how it turned out!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Remember that this weekend the AWDML DT is hosting a Birthday Crop over in the forum so, if you have some free time, stop by and play with us!

3 comments:

  1. You've been hit with a blog award! :) Check out http://mariposacreations.blogspot.com/2011/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your LOs and card! Thanks for the links to the tutorials and that WONDERFUL sketch you created! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwww totally stunning!!!!!! I love everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!