Tuesday, October 25, 2011

tuesday...just sharing some layouts

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm glad to you stopped by my blog today as I have two fun projects to share with you! I got to play over the weekend over with Birds of a Feather monthly challenges (they host 5 every month!) and got 2 layouts done over the weekend!

The first one started out as a lift for the scraplift challenge but somehow it morphed into the color challenge. the colors are red, orange, green and yellow (fall colors).


here is the layout that I scraplifted by Jenelle:


The pictures I used are of my kitty and doggy sleeping on my bed together. These two are the best buds which I find very interesting because my dog hates cats (with a passion!). I just love to play alon their challenges because one) I', always up for a good challenge and two) I can always manage to use only scraps in those challenges! All the papers I used are scraps from my scraps bin!


Of course, I handmade all the embellies on this layout. I've been wanting to make a circles layout for a very long time and this design was easy to adapt into one that used circles as embellies. I handstitched some and doodles on others to give depth and texture. I also added buttons to balance each corner out.


The paper rosettes I made with my Fiskars border punch and a cream colored cardstock stamped with my Prima script stamp (love this one!) in brown. I finished them off with a bitton and th eother one with a best friend pet brad. I glimmer  misted with vintage photo reinker mixed with water on both corners.

Here is a close up of my title/journaling area:


Now, since I ended up using the last layout in the color challenge, I had to lift another layout for the actual scraplift challenge :)

Here is the layout that I scraplifted by Krissy Clark McKee:

Isn't it gorgeous? She actually scraplifted it from Liz Chidester (but that's another story...LOL)

and here is my take on it:


I used the pictures of my hubby and I decorating the Christmas Tree back in 2009 (our first Christmas together as a married couple). That year, we decorated the tree Red/Silver/White so I used the same color combo for the layout. Again, all the papers used here are scraps. I handmade the poinsettia flowers using  my Pazzles Inspiration to cut them in different sizes but I pretty much followed my tutorial (you can find it here). I outlined the flowers with silver stickles and added different size rhinestones to the centers.

Here are a few close ups of the flowers and title:






I really liked the three strips of papers on the left side of the layout so here is how I made it work on my layout::

I first stamped with my Prima script stamp on grey cardstock. Then glimmer misted the whole thing with clear glimmer mist and doodled around the edges with my white Signo pen. I finished by adding a button in red, silver and white.

Thank you again for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed my little tips and walk throughs of my layouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!