Thursday, January 5, 2012

thursday...AWDML January 1 Reveal-Authentique (2/3)

Good morning bloggers! I'm sorry I missed my Heartfelt Creations Wednesday post but I have been so sick since Christmas Eve that I just couldn't even sit down and scrap. I'm finally feeling much better now after 2 weeks of feeling yucky.

Well, let's get back to scrappy business! As you know from my previous post, this month's featured manufacturers at A Walk Down Memory Lane are Authentique and Paper Smooches. This means that this whole month  Authentique and Paper Smooches products are 25% off over at the AWDML store! Now, this is my first time working with both manufacturers and I have to say that I love them both! Authentique papers are amazing-great thickness (for distressing), awesome patterns and amazing colors! Paper Smooches has great clear stamps and their alphabets fonts are great! (more on this manufacturer on the 15th).

Today, I have a very girly birthday card to share with you. I used the Uncommon Collection again because I just love working with it!




Supplies-
cardstock: Bazzill;
patterned paper: Authentique Uncommon Collection-Unique;
letter stickers: Authentique Petite Type Circle;
ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen);
stamp: Basic Grey Happy Birthday Stamp Set, Magnolia Circus Tilda;
pens: Prismacolor Coloring Pencils;
tools: Spellbinders Rose Creations die, Ranger Tim Holtz Paper Distresser, Cuttlebug Machine, Pazzles Inspiration Machine;
other: doily, sewing machine, computer generated butterflies, Mona Lisa OMS



This is my second time making an easel card, although this is my first making a 6x6 easel. Here's a tutorial if you are interested but I'm warning you, these are addicting!

I handmade all the flowers for this card which happens to be for my best friend! I used Spellbinders Rose Creations dies to make the roses (

I'm so loving making these little roses!) and leaves and my Pazzles Inspiration machine to make the rolled flower (yeah, I'm lazy like that!). I stamped and colored a Magnolia Circus Tilda image using Prismacolor pencils and OMS. It was my first time using coloring pencils since high school art class! I do love how the sweet Tilda turned out though! I pop dotted her to give her some dimension among the flowers and added my friend's name to the front of the card.


This is a close up of the bottom part of the card as it stands up. I stamped my sentiment onto white cardstock, added liquid pearl dots and finished it off by adding 2 butterflies to the inside of the card.

TIP: The lace holding the card up is actually made out of paper! Make your own ruffled trims out of paper for a custom look. Simply choose your favorite border punch, punch out a border in white, ink the strip of paper to your liking, and fold it back and forth or distress with your fingers to give it some dimensions. Simply add it to your layout or card for some dimension!


Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate all of your comments! :)

3 comments:

  1. What a fun frilly card! Your flowers are gorgeous and Tilda is colored perfectly! Glad you're feeling some better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy! Love this card! You did a beautiful job! Thanks so much for all of your tips and inspiration! Hugs! ~ Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Amarilys...love the colors, the gorgeous flowers and that super sweet image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!