Tuesday, February 21, 2012

tuesday...dragonfly tutorial

Here's the dragonfly tutorial that I promised!

Supplies:
  • transparency
  • clear embossing powder
  • heat embossing tool
  • printer
  • photo paper
  • rhinestones (optional)

Step 1. Print THIS file on a 4"x6" photo paper as well as a transparency sheet (acetate). Let the photo paper dry (a few minutes, depending on your paper/printer). As soon as you print on the transparency sheet, sprinkle some clear embossing powder and melt it with an embossing heat gun.
BEWARE: Do not over heat it (or keep it too close to the heat gun) as it will also melt the transparency sheet!


Step 2. Cut out a dragonfly from each media-one from the photo paper and one from the acetate.


Step 3. Layer the transparency dragonfly over the photo paper dragonfly and there you have it! A super fast, super easy embellie to add to your layout!


Step 4. (OPTIONAL) Now, you can take it a step further and embellish your dragonfly by adding two (or more) rhinestones in the body like I did.

I hope that you enjoyed this very fast tutorial. You can definitely apply this concept to butterflies and other embellies to give them dimension and texture!

Here's a close up of a dragonfly that I used on my layout:


Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of the tutorial. I'd love some feedback! :)

3 comments:

  1. wow how awesome!!will have to give this a try...thanks for sharing!
    I just found a utube video on butterfly's from dryer sheets...but I am hooked on downy...gotta beg for used dryer sheets! joy! lol
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!