Monday, July 16, 2012

monday...ScrapThat! July Kit-Layout #2

Happy Monday everyone! I've been so busy lately that I've neglected my blog lately. Sorry about that!
Our second story AC broke last week after just 2 months after we bought the house. The system is so old that it's not worth repairing so we have someone coming in tomorrow to replace it. However, we have been without AC upstairs for almost a week now so we had to move our mattress downstairs so we could sleep at night. It has been an interesting week. I haven't been able to scrap much because my office is upstairs and the temperature gets up to 91 degrees in the middle of the day and honestly, it's unbearable.

Anyway, enough complain and on to sharing something creative! Below you can find the July Sketch for ScrapThat! and my take on it!


The challenge actually ended yesterday but I invite you to join me next month with a brand new sketch challenge over at ScrapThat! Kit. 

Below is my take on the sketch:

Wild Deer
I followed the sketch almost completely but ended up having part of the title over the photo and adding a second and smaller photo. I used the Main Kit and the Embellishment add-on for this layout. I took these pictures of these wild deer in a National Park here in Orlando, FL last year. They were so amazing to watch!

 
Here's a cluster by part of the title on the top right corner of the layout. I love dthe pink/cream colored bloos included in this kit!

 
For my journaling, I actually printed it and cut it into strips and added it tot he side of the photo. I then added some liquid pearl drops.

 
I had so much fun altering the chipboard! I inked it with distress ink (vintage photo) and the Ingvild Bolme (Old Road) chalk ink that is included in the kit. I then finished it off by adding some distress crackle paint over it. I added a few pearls to the O and that's it! My title is custom made :)

 
Here's another view of the title and glimmer misted brown doily. You can also see in the back some of the tears on the background paper and some of the tiny flowers that I made.


I added blooms, die cut leaves in brown and cream and butterflies to my cluster.

 
Another view of the different layers/textures on the layout.

 
One last look at the beautiful crystal vine and my flower cluster.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I really appreciate you taking your time to comment on my creations! It means a lot to me and this is why I keep doing it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous creation Amarilys! I love all of your creations and your tutorials! I must ask where you do most of your scrapbook shopping at? I love those leaves that you use and the flowers are so gorgeous and of course the papers!!

    http://scrapinexpecttheunexpected.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!