Saturday, July 7, 2012

saturday...ScrapThat! July Kit-Layout #1 and Crop Info

Happy Saturday! I hope that you are enjoying your weekend! Today I want to let you all know about the sketch challenge that I'm running at the ScrapThat! Kit Summer Garden Party Crop! The rules are simple; use the sketch below as inspiration for your layout. The crop ends on July 8th 8pm CST and all challenge entries are due by Monday 10pm. You may use 1 project towards 2 challenges, as long as it's based on both challenges.

Below is the sketch:


and here's my sample layout:


Of course, I used the gorgeous July kit, "Summer in my Garden" for my layout! The pictures are of my hubby and I during our 3rd anniversary earlier this year. I wanted to make a romantic layout, given the topic so I achieved this by using my border punches and lots of flowers and flourishes!


Here's a close up of my butterflies and flourishes. I added some green stickles to highlight the flourishes and give them a pop of color!


I handmade the cream colored flowers using Heartfelt Creations stamps and matching dies. They are the Posy Patch Collection and one of my favorite collections as they are so versatile! I'll have a tutorial on how to make the large flower later this month so come back later to check it out!


Close up of my title area.


I just *love* the lace that's included in this kit! I ran a loose stitch through the center and then pulled on the thread to achieve this ruffle look. I thought it added to the romantic feel of my layout!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I really appreciate you taking your time to comment on my creations! It means a lot to me and this is why I keep doing it!

I hope you can stop by the ScrapThat! forum and play with us during the weekend crop and if you have a chance, try your hand at this sketch; it's an easy one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!