Monday, August 13, 2012

monday...alcohol inks and transparencies tips

Hi everyone! I'm here today with a tip on how to alter transparency shapes to use in your layouts.

Tip: Use alcohol ink to alter transparency shapes and dies to use in cards and layout.
It is very simple. You need transparency shapes (or you can make your own die cuts), alcohol inks, and a Tim Holtz Applicator:


You can achieve different textures and looks depending on how you apply the alcohol ink. Below are three techniques that I used for my layout:


Below is my finished layout. I love the rustic look it gives my layout!


I used pictures of my husband that were taken on his first day at NSU back in 2007 when he started studying for his doctorate in Pharmacy. Because he graduated last year, I was able to include the purple logo and name from his jacket, the one that he was wearing in the pictures. It was hard to incorporate purple on a masculine layout but by using paint, distress stamps, gears, transparencies and masculine colors I think I pulled it off!

Here's are some close ups of the layout:






Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amarilys,
    Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial ! I'll certainly will try this ! Have a nice day :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I have lots of these alcohol inks but never use them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!