Thursday, December 6, 2012

thursday...ScrapThat! December Kit-Layout #1

Hi everyone! Today I want to share my first project that I made with the ScrapThat! December Kit "Memories...".

My first layout is based on my sketch for ScrapThat! December Kit.
http://api.ning.com/files/C7oAh9snFqNJA8e-g6THzgNZ6YiGhoR*Ptd0*KlOHYHdjVKo5sFv4eqpN89EMVUkVYubIOIHaDUv0CvRV37nCYyv4WRUn4Qv/sketch_amarilys_100December.jpg

Everyone is welcome to participate, all entries due by December 30th. (NOTE: Due Date has been extended from the 15th to the 30th this month)



I used the Main Kit and The Embellishment Add On for this layout. The picture was taken last year during Christmas Eve dinner. I mirrored the sketch to suit my picture better.


I had so much fun playing with the chipboard included in this month's kit! For this layout  I used this sweet angel by Fabscrap.  I stamped the Heartfelt Creations scripts background with brown archival ink and then I embossed a swirl over it with clear embossing powder. I then  inked the edges slightly to give it an antique look. Finally, i added accent stickles (Cinnamon) to the edges to make it stand out more.

I handmade some poinsettias and used the little red berries included in the kit as my center. I also handmade some leaves and flourishes and did some fuzzy cutting and added another stickled chipboard to my cluster.


I wanted to include some journaling but ran out of space so I opted for a hidden tag behind the picture.

Here's a sweet fuzzy cut Santa that I added to my cluster. It was the perfect touch to finish this layout!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm actually going camping tomorrow so it should be fun! I'll be back on Sunday. :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous page!! Love what you did with the sweet little angel, and your fussy cutting is simply amazing!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!