Saturday, January 19, 2013

saturday...ScrapThat! January Kit-Layout #3

Hi everyone! I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend! Today I want to share with you my last layout with the ScrapThat! January Kit. This one is based on my June sketch for ScrapThat! shown below. I did make it my own and omitted a few details such as title placement. Don't you sometimes find that one sketch that seems to be perfect for all of your pictures? Well, this one is mine :)


Here's the layout:

I used the Main Kit, The Embellishment Add On and Flower Add On on this layout. This picture was taken inside the Space Needle in downtown Seattle when we visited my brother in law back in 2010.

Here are a few close ups of the layout:
I had so much fun making this a snowy layout! I used puffy paint and glitter for the edges as well as the flourishes and butterflies.

Here's another view all the elements and textures that I used in this layout.

I loved the fact that this kit came with so many snowflake stickers and I'm pretty sure that I used them all in my projects this month!

Something I love is to add texture to my layouts and this month Kaitlyn provided more than enough different textures from the corrugated cardboard to the fluffy ribbon.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and I hope that you have a great weekend! Come back next Friday as we reveal the February kit-you don't want to miss it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout. I love the special effects that you added. The frosty snow on the butterfly's wings is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Beautiful page Amy!!! the layering is fabulous!
    and all the details are so pretty!!!
    I hope everything is fine there, Take care my friend!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!