Sunday, March 24, 2013

sunday...family time layout (Using Scraps)

Welcome back bloggers! Today I have another Use you Scraps layouts to share. I actually forgot to photograph the process (I was having so much fun with my scraps!) but It's very simple so I'll give you a quick description of what I did.

First of all, here's the layout.

Pretty much I went through my green and brown drawers and pulled all the papers I thought would look good layered together. I did pull more than I used but I just put those back when I was done. I then arranged them on a cardstock (I chose a light cream/yellow one for this layout) and played with designs/colors and sizes until I was happy with it. Honestly, this step took no more than 10 minutes!

I then distressed all the layers with my Distrezz-it-All tool, inked the edges and adhered them unto the cardstock. I finished the background before I knew which pictures I would use for it. The photo design is actually based on Allison's sketch for Sketch Support (website was taken down but I found the sketch on Pinterest)

I then filled in with some flowers/greenery and butterfly embellies and tucked in a journaling tag behind the top right photo and called it a day!

here are some close ups of the layout:


For my title, I printed THIS file, cut out my chosen letters to spell my title and matted them with brown cardstock (also from the scrap pile!). I then pop dotted them and added some pearls to make it stand out.






I just love all the layers and textures the small pieces of pattern papers creates!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my scraps layout! I hope it inspires you to make something pretty from your scraps! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a nice layout, that's make you a very nice souvenir

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!