Saturday, April 13, 2013

saturday...ScrapThat! April Kit-Layout #2

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend! hubby and I are enjoying our vacation visiting our friends and family and enjoying ourselves snorkeling and shopping here in Miami! A little sad because today is our last day as tomorrow we drive back home.

So, anyway, today I want to share with you my second layout using Scrapthat! April Kit:

"Gone Fishing" Layout
I used the Main Kit, The Embellishment Add On and Flower Add On for this layout. The cardboard used for the flourishes is from my stash. The leaves and dragonflies are all handmade by me. The pictures were taken a few years back in Miami, Fl.


I LOVED working with the FAD this month! these orange blooms are not something I would have bought on my own because well, they are big (under my standards) but I love how they look on my page!


I hand cut some flourishes out of the cardboard box that my kit came in (yeah, I know I recycle and reuse EVERYTHING in my kit!). I then pained them white and added handmade gesso to them to add some more texture. I love how they look! I finished them off with a bit of stickles for some bling!


I made a simple banner with the hemp cord included in this month's kit. I love this stuff! In fact, I have a whole roll that I bought at Walmart a few years back! :)


The vine worked wonderfully for this layout so I added it to the bottom of the photos. I also love the texture the burlap gives the layout. After using it with this kit, I went to Michaels and bought me a roll so you will be seeing a lot more burlap in my future layouts!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I really appreciate it all your comments!

5 comments:

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!