Sunday, October 6, 2013

sunday...Swirlydoos October RR layout

Happy Sunday everyone! This month I'm leading Group #3 in the Swirlydoos October RR and since I'l be away from the computer tomorrow when we are supposed to post it, I figured I'd do it today! :)

This month the twist is: SHADOWS
and I chose to interpret this very different from than the 'robin' probably had in mind! :)


I made this layout using Swirlydoos October Sweetest Thing Kit with a few flowers, alphas and bling from my stash. My hubby took this picture of me sitting on a huge oak tree and I love how the sun is hitting my face and thus, creating shadows behind me! :)


Here's a  close up of my quote/title. I used a different font to highlight the words sun and shadows.


Close up of a small cluster on the top left corner of my photo.


I made two paper ruffles and tucked them in under the wooden pattern paper and I just LOVE the pop of color these strips give the page! The bling is from my stash.


I used my new We R Memory Keepers Lucky 8 Punch Tatted Doily to make the light blue cardstock doily. I inked the edges and stamped a Heartfelt Creations background script stamp randomly on it. The peach colored flower is included in this month's kit and the smaller Petaloo flowers are from my stash. I added some bight orange/red butterflies to pull it all together.

Last but not least, I used one of the doors from one of the pattern papers and tucked it under the flower cluster. i also colored a topiary and added it to the right side of the photo to frame it. I just love these topiaries included int his month's kit!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and have a happy rest of the week! :

Follow Me

2 comments:

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!