Sunday, April 27, 2014

sunday...Meet Josiah Luke!

Meet my son, Josiah Luke!

Baby's Name: Josiah Luke
Sex: Male
Date of Birth: April 15, 2014
Original Due Date: April 13, 2014
Weeks Pregnant: 40wks 2d
Baby's Weight: 7lbs 14oz
Baby's Length: 20.5in

Birth Story: 
At my 40W 2D OBGYN appointment, the ultrasound showed that the baby was measuring at 9lbs 5 oz and we all freaked out, including the Dr. He suggested induction, elective C-section or to wait til 41 wks to induce, which was his least preferred. He let me call my hubby at work so we could talk about it and 10 minutes later, I told him that we would go for the C-section. The Dr scheduled the C-section for the next day, Tuesday April 15. The C-section started at 5:50AM and Josiah Luke was born at 6:14AM weighing in at 7lbs 14oz and measuring 20.5in. He was perfect and I felt in love with him as soon as I heard that first cry. I cried when I first saw him. I couldn't believe that I was finally meeting my little boy. That little boy that I carried in my belly for 9 long months! My hubby went with him to the recovery room to wait for me. Dr Peppy stitched me up and I was on my way to the recovery room 30 minutes later. I was feeling horrible when I heard that the baby weighed less than 8lbs, thinking that we had made a mistake of performing a C-section when we didn't need it. I asked the Dr if there would have been any way the baby would have been born vaginally if we had induced and he said no. You see, even though Josiah was head's down, he was facing the side and not my back and his head was stuck that way. That's the reason why I wasn't dilating and his head wasn't dropping farther into my pelvis. Everything has a reason for happening and that C-section could have saved our lives and definitely many hours of laboring without a baby at the end. Pretty much Josiah was going to be a C-section no matter what but the elective c section was way safer than an emergency one. I did skin to skin 1 hr after he was born and he latched on immediately. He also held his head up to look at me when they first placed him on my chest. We were in the hospital for 3 days and were released Thursday afternoon. The nurses and Dr said I was doing really well so I had the option to leave on Thursday instead of Friday like I was supposed to. Not the delivery I had in mind but I'm glad that everything worked out according to God's plan and both Josiah and I are doing well.




Family Picture (1 st day at home)


Thanks for all of your thought and well wishes throughout my pregnancy! 

Follow Me

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He's a cutie. Welcome to the world Josiah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww ..Amy, Josiah is so cute! Congratulations!!!! Que bueno todo salio bien GAD, Disfruta tu bebe que el tiempo pasa volando...Muchas felicidades!!!! y gracias por compartir tan lindas fotos!! Un abrazo!!xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You all look very happy. A new life a new love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a handsome little man! So happy for your new family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful story and I'm so happy it turned out to be a blessing that the ultrasound showed him bigger. He's a gorgeous little boy and so much beautiful hair! In the photo in the delivery room where your husband is holding him.... I can tell he's just grinning ear to ear under that mask!! Great photo!

    Sending you well wishes to enjoy all that your bundle of joy will bring your family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What a perfect little boy! Love the picture with Dad holding him and you touching Dad right after the birth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family you are! Your baby is adorable! I had C-Sections with my girls too. Hugs and blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations mum and dad. Welcome wee Josiah to the wide world. All the very best to your new family - enjoy him as the years go by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Amy, I have tears in my e reading your story. What a beautiful boy. Good always has his plans and He gave you an amazing little one.
    Enjoy him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is simply adorable! You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! He's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HUGE congrats!!! My first was a C-section and the other 2 naturally afterwards. Yes, everything does happen for a reason. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!