Monday, February 16, 2015

monday...Cheery Lynn Designs

Good morning everyone! Today I have a round easel card to share with you using my favorite doily die-the Cheery Lynn Designs English Tea Party Doily! I love their dies so much that I'm submitting this card to their DT Call.


I made a Thinking of You card and I just love the end results! Of course I had to make my own flowers using Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies! I also used those fluffy new birds by Heartfelt Creations. They are so cute!


I layered two pattern papers and distressed each layer and machine stitched them over the doily to create a layered and soft look.I handmade my flowers using the Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies from white cardstock and colored them with distress ink. The little birds I colored with Prismacolors and a little OMS to make the colors blend easier.


For the inside for the card, I made a layered flower cluster using the new tiny flowers from heartfelt Creations and another little bird. They add such a nice dimension to the card and it doubles to prop the easel card open!


Here's one last look at the easel card all propped open! I just love making these! They are so fun, easy and very elegant looking!

Here's a quick video to show you a tip that I've been using for the longest time and thought I would share: use a large embossing tool to lightly go over an intricate die cut to get rid of the tiny extra papers. If everything doesn't come out on your first try, flip it around and do it to the other side too. It works like a charm!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Follow Me

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card!! I have just started playing with this die/stamp set myself. Thanks for the tip with the detailed dies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!