Wednesday, September 16, 2015

wednesday...Happy Birthday owl card

Happy Monday everyone!

Today I want to share 2 sweet birthday cards (a masculine and a feminine) using the newest stamp set Who Loves You? and its coordinating dies Owl Family Die from NCC!



I made this card for my cousin on her birthday who LOVES owls! I layered two different shades of green branches on the center of the inked and machine stitched pattern paper. I stamped, colored, and die cut the girl own and added her to one of the branches. I then die cut two Happy Birthday Die and added them over the greenery. I added stickles to the sentiment and on the owl to highlight some areas. I finally die cut some purple and pink flowers from the ODBD Birds and Nest Die and added them randomly to the card. I finished the card off by adding liquid pearls to the centers of the flowers and randomly around the greenery and flowers.

Here's a close up of the card for you to see all the dimension:


Here's the masculine card:

NCC Products: Who Loves You?Owl Family DieHappy Birthday Die
I decided to go for a more colorful card for this one. I always like to make cards for my stash for last minute not-so-close friends' birthdays. This one would be great a child's birthday! I colored the three owls in neutral colors and made them colorful party hats (TIP: just cut a triangle and add a punched hole circle to the top of the hat!). I pop dotted the hole and stuck one of the owls there. I then added one in each side. I also stamped and colored two tree branches and added them to the sides of the 'tree'. I inked all the edges and finished it off with a Happy Birthday die sentiment that i matted with the ODBD Antique Labels and Border Die.

Here's a close up of this card:

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome week! :)

Follow Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!