Friday, December 4, 2015

friday...leftover papers card tutorial

Hi everyone! I have a small tutorial and a card to share with you today!

How do you clean your desk space? After every card/layout or when you can't find your work surface anymore? I happen to clean after every card or at least after every set of cards/projects I'm currently working on. For example, last time I cleaned out my desk was when I finished my two cards for the New Release blog hop for ODBD December release. You can see my cards here. Well, after making that Tri-shutter card i had a lot of odd shaped/size pattern paper but were too pretty to toss so I ended up using them!

Here's the card I made with whatever was on my desk while I was "cleaning up":

ODBD Products: Saddle upDouble Stitched CirclesPretty Posies DiesLovely Leaves DiesRustic Beauty Paper Collection

Here's a tutorial on how I made this card in under 20 mins:


Step 1. Gather your leftover pattern papers and put them together to make a 4"x5.25" background.

Step 2. Adhere them over a scrap (ugly papers work great for this!) 4"x5.25" paper. Ink the edges and machine stitch all around it. This last step really helps bring all these random pieces of paper together.


Step 3. Lastly, stamp your image with brown archival ink on cream colored cardstock and die cut it with a Double Stitched Circles. Ink the edges lightly with Vintage Photo ink to give it an antique feel and mat it on dark brown cardstock.

Here's a close up of the card. I adhered the matted image, a sentiment and a handmade bloom over the center of the background that I just made. I die cut a bunch of leaves and used them to embellish the card. Easy peasy and under 20 mins! What more can you ask for? :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Have a great weekend!

Follow Me





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!