Saturday, July 30, 2011

saturday...AWDML July 15 Reveal-Kaisercraft (3/3)

This is a bittersweet post as this is my last post for AWDML. It has been an amazing 6 months in which I had the privilege to work with an amazing DT group and leader as well as store owner. Thanks Lisa for making this DT term a wonderful experience!

Today I want to share with you a layout that I made using Kaisercraft pearls and rhinestones. Now you know that I LOVE bling so I had a ball working on this layout! I just love bling flourishes and I especially love to make my own using 3D paint, liquid pearl, and even rhinestones. Today, I want quickly to show you even another way to make your own bling flourishes.

I recently discovered that you can make your own bling using Kaisercraft self adhesive peals and rhinestones!

Here is my finished layout:
Supplies: cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: Bo Bunny Timepiece Stripe, My Mind's Eye Holly Jolly Deck the Halls; letter stickers: Basic Grey Basics Cream; chipboard: American Crafts Thickers; flowers: Recollections, Zva Creative; pearls: KaiserCraft Pearl Swirl Latte; rhinestones: KaiserCraft Rhinestone Swirl Brown; bling: Glimmer Mist (Olive Vine); lace: Kaiser Craft Lace Pack Natural; ink: Tim Holtz (Walnut Stain); tool: EK Success Cutterbee Tweezers; other: cream flower from Michaels, floss

I used the Kaisercraft Pearl Swirl Latte and KaiserCraft Rhinestone Swirl Brown to make my bling. To make your swirl you can use a stamp or a scanned bling image as a guide or even hand draw your own! For this one I used a scanned image and poked holes with a needle where I wanted my pearls to be. I then carefully placed each pearl in it's place. I like to combine rhinestones with pearls because the finished bling looks more elegant. You now have your own customized homemade bling that looks like the real thing! You can make these in any color you want and have it match with your layout.

Here is a picture of my finished bling:

and a few close ups of my finished layout:



I hope you try this technique and make beautiful bling that suits your needs!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!