Sunday, July 31, 2011

sunday...some 'me' projects

Well, I've been working on some 'me' projects and have enjoyed every minute of it! Here are a few.

Photobucket

Supplies- cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: Best Creations; letter stickers: Basic Grey Basics micro mono stickers; bling: Prima flourish, Stickles (Diamond); flowers: Prima, Recollections; ink: Tim Holtz; tools: Martha Stweart Border punch, Pazzles Inspiration; other: lace, sewing machine

I used a picture of me when I was 4 yrs old here. The picture was breaking apart already so I scanned it and printed it black and white (it was a magenta color originally). I water distressed the background and machine stitched around the sides. I used a soft white lace under the picture that my mom gave some time back and I thought worked perfectly here. I made 3 flower clusters using Primas and Recollection flowers and handmade butterflies and leaves. I absolutely LOVE how this layout came out even though I used a softer color palette that I'm not used to working with! 


The color palette was inspired by the Birds of a Feather July color challenge.


Here are some close ups of my layout:




Here is my second layout:

Supplies- cardstock: DCWV; patterned paper: Best Creations, Chatterbox; letter stickers: Basic Grey Basics micro mono stickers; bling: Stickles (Diamond); chipboard: AC Thickers;  flowers: Prima, Recollections; pearls: Basic Grey; rhinestones: Kaisercraft; ink: Tim Holtz; buttons: Button Galore Rainforest; other: White pearls from Joann, vellum paper


For this layout I used pictures of my hubby and I with his cousins and brothers in the pool last year. I used a sketch provided by Birds of a Feather. I water distressed every layer and inked it up with Tim Holtz ink. Remember the fun designs we used to make back in middle/high school with graph paper where you connect your first dot with your last and work your way down? (well, I used to do this anyway!). Well, I did this with floss on the top left corner and I LOVE how it came out! It kind of looks like a netting! I threaded some pearls through it to give it an elegant touch. I also used a stamp to mark my swirl stitching (here is a small tip). I layered some Recollections and Prima flowers along with some vellum bubbles and blue butterflies to finish my clusters. I had a lot of fun with this layout and the Best Creation pattern papers were perfect for my pictures!

Here are some close ups:








My last project was a butterfly card and gift bag set:

Supplies-cardstock: patterned paper: Best Creations; flowers: Prima; mist: Glimmer Mist Olive Vine; pearls: Kaisercraft; ink: Tim Holtz; pen: Signo white, Sharpie; stamp: Fiskars All Year Greetings; tools: Pazzles Inspiration, Martha Stewart butterfly stamp & punch set; other: large flower from stash

I used my Pazzles Inspiration to cut out the butterfly shaped card. I then cut another smaller butterfly in light pink and hand stitched around it. I finished the card by adding a Prima rose with some leaves and a birthday sentiment on it. I also made a gift bag to go with it. This gift bag has small creams and lotions which my little cousin will love!

Again, I designed the gift bag with my Pazzles program and cut it out a Best Creations pattern paper. I assembled it together and added a cluster similar to the one on the card to the front of the bag.

Here are some close ups of the bag and card:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Hope that you are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!