Wednesday, November 2, 2011

wednesday...Heartfelt Creations

I'm so exited because today is my first post using Heartfelt Creations products! This is actually one of the three projects I submitted as a semifinalist.


Supplies:
Heartfelt Creations:

HCPC 3303 Posy Patch Flowers PreCutSet

HCD 701 Posy Patch Die

Other:
DCWV Mariposa Stack, Kaisercraft rhinestones and pearls, Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint), Ranger Stickles (Cinnamon, Diamond), Tattered Angels Gimmer Mist (Pearl), StazOn Archival Ink (Timber Brown, Jet Black), Inkadikado Chalks, Fiskars Sun punch, sewing machine, Pazzles Inspiration (for title and leaves)

I used one of my favorite picture from my wedding day and the DCWV Mariposa Stack that I've been hoarding for a few months now. I based this layout on my own sketch that I made for Creative Scrappers.

Here is the sketch:



Of course, I had to make a flower cluster with those wonderful stamps. I had a lot of fun using the Heartfelt Creations stamps to make my flowers!


I'll have a tutorial on how I made these on my blog very soon!


I cut the leaves with my Pazzles and inked them with Peeled Paint to give them depth. I also made these sweet little buds. I added a small pop dot between the three petals in the front and the rest of the bud to give it dimension. I love how they turned out!

Here is another close up of the other side. The stamp almost looks like a rub-on!

Here is the step by step tutorial to make this layout:
For the background, ink and machine stitch around all the edges. Gather four coordinating pattern papers and ink, distress and machine stitch each one of them and layer them, adding a darker color scallop edge made our of cardstock between the first and second layer, and second and third layer, as shown. Double mat the picture with white and black cardstock. Adhere all layers and picture as shown. To help explain how I made the flowers, I gave each stamp from the Posy Patch Flowers Precut Set (HCPC 3303) a number from 1-7 which I will reference, where 1 is the smallest and 7 is the largest. For the second largest flower, stamp two #6 posies using StaZon Timber Brown ink on white cardstock. Color your flowers using two shades of yellow chalk, glimmer mist them with clear glimmer mist, let them dry and then die cut them using the coordinating Spellbinder Dies (HCD 701). Using any paper shapers scissors, cut randomly around the edges of each petal to give them a jagged edge. Ink all the petals with brown ink and cut each petal apart. Using a stylus, cusp the petals as shown to give them dimension. Using only eight petals from the #6 posies, re build the flower. For the center, die cut one #1 posy in brown cardstock and using a stylus, cusp the petals upward. Punch out five suns and cusp them too. Now, layer all these brown punched out suns and die cut posy and place in center of flower. Add cinnamon stickles to the center layers. Make the larger flower the same way using two #7 and two #6 posies. Glue the flowers down like so. My leaves were designed and cut using a Pazzles Inspiration machine but you can use any leaves that Heartfelt Creations offer. Die cut them in green cardstock, ink their edges and center using a green distress ink, mold them with your fingers and add to your flower cluster. Stamp the largest flower swirls from the Posy Patch Swirls Precut Set (HCPC 3304) directly unto the pattern papers using StaZon Jet Black ink. Stamp one #3, two #2 and two #1 posies on white cardstock from the Posy Patch Flowers Precut Set (HCPC 3303). Color them with yellow chalk and die cut them using the coordinating Spellbinder Dies (HCD 701). Cusp the petals and place them directly on top of the stamped image. Do the same thing with the other smaller stamp on the right side of the picture. Paper piece three buds and add a small 3D foam to the front petals to raise them from the back to give them dimension. Place one on top of the stamped image on the right side of the picture and two on the left side of the picture for balance. To finish, make a few more, smaller posies and add them as fillers to the cluster. Add Diamond stickles to the smaller blooms, copper pearls to their centers, and randomly place rhinestones around the cluster. Add three butterflies to your layout and finish it off with a title. The picture is of my husband and me on our wedding day. Layout based on my own sketch. 

Thank you for stopping my blog today!


6 comments:

  1. Congrats again on joining us on the HC team! Your layout is gorgeous - the flowers are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on joining us on the HC team! I have to say your layout is amazingly gorgeous! The flowers are a work of art. I just noticed...I could have just said "ditto" to Lisa Lynne's comment. Beautiful first post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo gorgeous! Truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutly Beautiful layout and I love the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout, Amarilys! Love your bunches of flowers and papers! Wonderful picture of your happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so very beautiful. I can see why you made the team. Your work is exceptional.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!