Wednesday, June 20, 2012

wednesday...Heartfelt Creations

Happy Wednesday! I feel that time is just flying by this year! I can't believe that half the year is gone already!

Anyway, today I want to share with you a little gift set that I made for Heartfelt Creations. I recently hosted our house-warming party and have been thinking of a design for my Thank-You cards to send to everyone who attended our little party and then this set was born!

5.5”x4.25” card and gift bag set
Supplies-
Heartfelt Creations:
HCPC 3457 Birch Tree Precut Set
HCPC 3459 Scenery Builders Precut Set
HCPC 3474 Heartfelt Expressions Precut Set
452255 Grand Calibur
354802 Classic Oval Lg

Other: Bazzill Cardstock (green), Recollections cardstock (cream, brown), Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo), StazOn Archival Ink (Jet Black, Timber Brown), Rangers Stickles (Diamond), Tim Holtz paper distresser tool, Prismacolor Pencils (PC947), OMS, Shapeabilities Labels 18, Crafter’s Cord True Hemp (Camouflage), brown bag, sewing machine

I wanted to keep them neutral and nothing screams more neutral to me than brown/cream/green color combo! I used My Guy Collection because it was just perfect for the occasion. For the bag, I just used a brown paper bag which I randomly stamped the rock and the grass image and went over it and rightly sponged on some color (Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint). I then made a tag using one of the Labels 18 larger dies and stamped a sentiment there. I then threaded some twine though it and the bag and that's it! It's now ready to be used. :)



This is the card that I made with it. It's a top fold 5.5”x4.25” card that I made by folding a 8.5"x11" sheet of cardstock in half and cut in half again. I matted the stamped image and distressed the edges as well as machine stitched them to give them an extra humpf! I then colored the image with Prismacolors and Peeled Paint distress ink. For the sentiment I stamped and cut using one of the Labels 18 dies and then pop dotted it before adding it to the card.


Here's is another view of the card. I stickled some areas (the green areas) to give it some character.

After I finished this set, I thought, well, I can easily adapt this design to make a simpler set of Thank-You cards to sent to my guests so here's my toned down version of this card:



I made a total of 9 cards to send out and it took me less than 1.5 hrs to finish them all. I just omitted the green cardstock mat and the twine. They still look just as good as the original but can be shipped using only a $0.41 stamp. This shows you that you can take any frilly card and turn them into a shippable (is this a words?) card to send to your friends! Just use those cards as inspiration!

Here is the step by step write-up for this layout:
For the card:

Fold a 8.5”x11” cardstock in half and then cut in half. This will be your card base and it measures 5.5”x4.25”. Cut a piece of green cardstock down to 5.25”x4”and a piece of cream cardstock down to 5”x3.75”. Stamp the birch tree on the left side of the cream cardstock. Color the truck with Prismacolor pencils and blend with OMS. For the foliage, sponge in some Peeled Paint distress ink to add some color. Add stickles to the greenery to highlight some areas. Distress all the edges of both cardstocks using the Tim Holtz distresser and ink the edges with Vintage Photo. Machine stitch these two layers together, wrap some twine around them and adhere to background. Stamp the sentiment unto brown cardstock. Die cut and emboss sentiment using Labels 18. Pop dot the sentiment and add to card.

For the bag:
Randomly stamp the bag with the rock and grass stamps using archival brown ink. Color in the images by lightly sponging Vintage Photo over the rocks and Peeled Paint over the greenery. Die cut an oval in the top center of the bag to make a handle. Make a tag out of Labels 18 next to largest die. Emboss, ink and add sentiment to tag. Thread some hemp cord through the tag and the bag and make a knot.


Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Remember to go to the Heartfelt Creations BLOG and check out what the other designers made this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!