Tuesday, July 30, 2013

tuesday...ScrapThat! August Kit-Layout #1

Good morning everyone! Today I want to share my first layout using the Scrapthat! August Kit "Days to Remember". This layout is based on my August Sketch for Scrapthat!.

Here's the sketch:


and here is my take on it:

"US" layout

This kit is absolutely gorgeous! It was my first time working with Maja Designs papers and I have to say that i loved it! The paper is really thick and soft and feminine. At first, all the purple threw me off but because it's a light purple, i was able to work with it just fine!

I used the Main Kit Only for this layout. Picture is of my hubby and I at the park where we got married 1.5 yrs after our wedding.


Included in the kit are a bunch of already die cut kraft colored butterflies. I LOVE the fact that they are kraft colored so I only inked mine around the edges slightly and added a purple flower to its center and use it on my layout like that. 
The circles included are so luscious looking! I used them for my background and added different size pearls to each center. I wanted this layout to be soft and pretty (sorry babe!).


The lace included is amazing! I added it as one of my layers under my photo. The alphas are very neutral so they go with this kit wonderfully. You can alter them (color, ink, mist, etc) to match your photo. I opted for a light inking around the edges and two purple pearls on the U.


I love the sweet flowers included in this kit! I added some stickles to them and die cut a few leaves to match my outdoorsy photo and formed a cluster with them. The little own is too cute as well!


Here's a better view of the flower cluster. I handmade the white bloom with the petals included in the kit. Come back later this month and I'll share with you how I made it!It's really easy and it looks store bought! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!