Tuesday, January 12, 2010

tuesday...

Brrrr...it's so cold in Miami!

Aside from that, I did manage to finish a LO and two cards yesterday!
january

and some close ups:
Photobucket

I had fun with this LO even though I'm not too sure that I like it that much.
I used my sketch for this one. I traced the die cut paper in the paper of my choice, in this case, a black and white paper. I use this technique a lot since it saves a lot of money! The little calendar I made in photoshop using a picture as a template. I also made the flourish with stickles. I love how it looks and it's so much cheaper than buying the bling! I'm what you call a scrapper in a budget so I get inventive! LOL I'll make a tutorial on how to make your own bling soon.The picture was taken back in 2008 when I became a citizen of the US. I used the feathered technique to give it a glowy look (I use photoshop). Finally, the title was cut with the Pazzles and was stickled.

Now, here are the two cards that I made yesterday.
For this one, I used Sketchy Thursdays card sketch by Heidi! Way to go Heidi! This sketch rocks!

january

This card was just a quick card that I made for any male (or female?) birthday that might come along. It's good to sometimes have a few pre made cards. :)

january

I used only scraps for these two cards since one of my new year's resolutions is to use only scraps for cards (I need to get rid of them somehow!).

2 comments:

  1. wow those are amazing cards and only with scraps!! wowza!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous! I'm so glad you've played along with us again! - Heidi, Sketchy Thursdays

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!