Monday, April 26, 2010

monday...

Happy Monday!
The Beat the Rush Crop at Pages in Time was a huge success! We had so many GORGEOUS entries in the challenges and a lot of fun chatting and playing games. The winners have been announced, so if you played, check out the Winner's circle thread to see if you won! :)

I completed 8 layouts, counting my 2 samples, one altered item (the pencil holder), and one card (for Karen's grandson). I was very productive this weekend, probably because I haven't srapped in almost a month!
Below are the rest of the layouts that I finished.

This digi was done for Helene's Earthy colors layout Challenge.

I used a large picture of me biking through the Everglades. I just love the background in this picture! All the digi elements and papers were collected over time and I don't know who the belong to anymore. They were all freebies though.

This layout was done for Barbara's Thursday Sketch Challenge, using Alda's sketch for Karen's Thursday Sketch at her blog and Ning community.

The pictures are a little older, from 2008, but are very dear to me. They were taking at Fairchild Tropical Botanical Gardens when Luis and I took my best friend Hanay and her husband Jochi there. Back then, Luis and I were thinking of getting married there and we wanted them to see it. They absolutely loved it! We walked around the park that's actually 83 acres and hung out there for a while. I even tried 'fishing' a turtle with my bare hands! We had a really good time together.

I tried to capture the beauty of this place by using nature embellies, like the butterflies around the circle and the flowers. I cut the white border on the right with my pazzles. I stickled the flowers and some of the butterflies.

This other layout was done for Jennifer's Monochromatic Challenge.


This is a picture that my husband took of me during our honeymoon. I was just in awe of the vast seas! I handmade the flourishes and cut the title, which I made very subtle, with my Pazzles. I followed Gabrielle's tutorial on how to weave the ribbon though a scalloped paper for that extra softness to the layout. Love how much this adds to the page! Oh, i forgot to mention that I used one of my sketches for this layout. The butterflies I printed and stickled them. They are such a great touch to the page too!

Finally, my last thing to show you today is a card that I made for Karen's grandson, Lennon. Like I said in an earlier post, this little boy is going through chemo right now (for the second time) to help with his brain cancer. Please pray for him and if you can, send him a card. He'll appreciate it!

I made this little monkey with my cricut back when I had it and was waiting for the perfect project to add it to and this was it! The little cap I cut with my pazzles. I also entered this card to Helene's Card/Tag Challenge. What a wonderful idea for a challenge Helene!

Thanks everyone for stopping by and taking a lot at my layouts. I appreciate it! :)

1 comment:

  1. These projects are all just wonderful!!! I really love that card that you made...it is sooo cute!!! I'm sure that put a smile on his face! I commented on the 2 middle LOs on sb.com...they are both lovely!!! The first one, the digital one, looks just like a paper LO...you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!