Thursday, June 10, 2010

thursday...

Yup, it me again!
I just finished another layout and I had so much fun with it! Here it is:


and I used Liz Qualman's sketch seen below. Thanks Liz for the inspiration!


Believe it or not this whole layout is done with cardstock, acrylic paint, distress ink and perfect pears and I handmade the flourishes, flowers, greenery and dragonflies. I started with a white smooth cardstock and stamped the dragonflies with Tim Holtz distress ink (vintage photo). I diluted some black acrylic paint and sprayed on the white cardstock and then let it dry. I then inked the edges and applied some perfect perals powder on the dragonflies. I love how the background looks! I think it goes really well with the outdorsy feel that I wanted for this layout. I named the layout 'sitting pretty' because Cubby was being good and was posing for me. As you can see, he's very photogenic. He looks to the left, straight at me, then to the right, so that i can get every angle. He's such a good dog! Anyway, the green cardstock and shiny white cardstock are from Joann, Core-dinations I believe. The backgrounf green cardstock is from a stack from walmart and it's also textured. I handmade the flowers and drgonflies, as stated previously. The greenery is from Pink Paislee's new line of pattern paper. I scanned the paper and just print out what I need (the leaves). I handcut it and stickle it and voila! Instant greenery! Finally, the dragonflies are an image that I found on google.com when I searched for dragonflies. I handcut them and stickled them too.

I'll leave you with some close ups. Thanks for stopping by again!

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Amarily's! What a gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible layout Amarilys! Can't believe you made practically everything. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!