Friday, March 18, 2011

friday... Best Creation GDT

As their Guest Designer Best Creations also sent me this yummy pink/purple papers from their Spring Collection to play with and let me tell you, I squealed when I saw it! It is the most beautiful glittery paper that I've even seen! The design is spectacular and the paper weight is phenomenal! What else can you ask of Best Creation?

Here is what I came up with:
Best Creation GDT
Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; patterned paper: Best Creation Inc.; Flower: Recollections; ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo; Bling: Recollections; Other: pearl brads, big pink bloom, handmade vine, toy cricket, handmade white roses, sheet of paper from a book

The picture was taken at the local park and its of me laying down in the grass. I just love how this picture came out though! I titled it up close because it's a rare close up of my face that you don't see often. I layered the beautiful butterfly paper on another lighter, pink and green paper and used a Martha Stewart punch to mat it.

Best Creation GDT
In the top left corner, I made an embellished corner with flowers, leaves and butterflies and used my cuttlebug to make the scroll.

TIP: For the scroll, I actually used two swirl die cuts because I wanted it to be bigger and fit in the corner. Play with your die cut shapes to make bigger, more intricate design by layering them!

Best Creation GDT
I printed out my own faux scrabble titles using Lisa's tutorial. I inked the borders and used some Diamond Glaze on them to give it shine and depth. I framed it with a pink Recollection bling frame that I picked up a few weeks ago in Michael.

Best Creation GDT
I made another embellishment cluster on the opposite side of the scroll corner. I used some flowers (Recollection, Petaloo, Bazzill), leaves, butterflies and even a toy cricket! Yes, you heard me right! I think he is adorable and goes well with the picture of me laying down on the grass.

TIP: For a dramatic effect, use small toys like crickets and other small bugs to add to the layout as embellies. They will go great in boy layouts too!

Best Creation GDT
I wanted to add a vine to this layout but I didn't have any at home so I decided to make my own. They are really simple to do if you have the right materials. I have done them before so I had everything to make them. I attached it to my page with two small wires that I bet you can't even see! I added another butterfly and a tiny black ant brad! The printed and distressed sheet of paper is actually taken from a book and distressed to look old.

Now, for my next project I actually made a slideshow to show my pictures because I took over 85 pictures of the project! I made a Paper Bag Album, Love themed that I absolutely adore! It is actually my first PBA and I just love how it came out!

This album is full of details. The album itself is 5"x6" and it has 10 full pages inside, not including the front and back page, and 6 smaller 5"x3.5" mini pages, that are perfect for removable tags for journaling and extra pictures. There are also four 5"x4.5" removable tags in the paper bag pockets. This makes this mini album 18 pages in total! I stitched every page and almost every tag. I used tags, flowers, bling, rick rack, ribbon, glitter, stickles, doily, shaped brads, and lace among other other things to embellish this album.

Here is the slideshow:

All the pink and purple papers are by Best Creation Inc. The black and white papers is by My Mind's Eye. Bazzill cardstock and a a miss mosh of embellies from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. wow this is absolutely beautiful!!! gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [19 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!