Friday, April 1, 2011

friday...AWDML April 1st Reveal-Basic Grey!

Ok, I'm so exited this month as AWDML's featured manufacturer is my favorite manufacturer ever-Basic Grey! The second manufacturer is Hero Arts and I'll talk about them when I debut my layouts on the 15th.


Supplies-cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: Basic Grey; flowers: Bazzill Basics; bling: Basic Grey ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo; glitter: Frost Glimmer Mist tools: Pazzles Inspiration, Tim Holtz Paper Distresser; other: Scribbles 3D paint, blue pearls, paper shaper scissors, doily

For my first layout, I used two Basic Grey's Figgy papers because they worked perfectly with the pictures of my hubby and I making cookies last Christmas. I glimmer misted a Dollar Store 12" doily with Frost Glimmer Mist and it matches perfectly with the Basic Grey paper! I used a template to cut the die cut out of the Basic Grey paper and did a scalloped white border using a pair of shaped scissors.


I used a few white poinsettias that my friend Carrie sent me last Christmas. I just added a small snowflake (cut with my Pazzles of course) and a pearl to the center of the flowers to make them stand out. I designed the journaling circle in photoshop CS4, printed it and cut it out. I designed and cut the title using my pazzles Inspiration. I colored the word Christmas with Creative Inspirations paint that Wendy RAKed me. It was my first time using their paint and I have to admit that I LOVE them! They have a wonderful glittery and shiny look to them! I finished off my layout with some Basic Grey blingy swirls in clear.

My second layout is a little bit more cheerful!

Supplies-cardstock: Bazzill, Core-Dinations, DCWV; patterned paper: Basic Grey Curio; letter stickers: Basic Grey; chipboard: American Craft Thickers; flowers: Prima, Recollections; bling: Basic Grey; stamps: Heartfelt Creations; pen: Sharpie; ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo; glitter: Glimmer Mist (Frost, Olive Green, Suede, Burnt Red), Stickles (Frosted Lace); punches: Martha Stewart; tools: Pazzles Inspiration, Tim Holtz Paper Distresser;

My hubby took this picture of me during our first year anniversary when I was lounging around the cruise. For this layout I used the Basic Grey Curio pattern papers. I used the Dusty Attic March sketch for my layout even though I didn't submit it for the giveaway as I don't have any DA chippies. I loved the sketch regardless.

Anyway, I used a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page punch to make the border. Soon I'll be posting here a review I did on this particular punch for the AWDML newsletter in which I have a few tips and techniques and some pointers too.


I water distressed the lime cardstock and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo. I cut the chippie-looking swirls with my Pazzles on a cream Core-Dinations cardstock and then glimmer misted the whole thing with pretty much all the glimmer mists that I own! I love how it turned out!


I added some Prima flowers and some Recollections flowers to finish off my layout. Of course, I can't finish a girlie layout without adding a butterfly or two. I used a Basic Grey bling swirl as the tail of one of the butterflies.

Ok, now to show off some cards that I made! I was very proud since I added 4 cards to my non existent 'thank you' cards stash!


Supplies-cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: Basic Grey Curio, Basic Grey Origins; stamps: Basic Grey, Heartfelt Creations leaves; bling: Basic Grey Swirl; ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo; stickers: Basic Grey Pops Layered Stickers June Bug; punches: Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Scallop 3 Dot; tools: Cuttlebug, Tim Holtz Tonic Paper Distresser; other: Scribbles 3D Paint, yellow rhinestone 

This card was an easy one to put together. I cut out a die cut out of the Basic Grey's Origin line paper, distressed the edges and made little dots with 3D white paint.


I added a layered sticker flower by basic grey and some blingy swirls by them too. I added some strips of coordinating paper, one of them is from the Basic Grey Curio line and finished the card with a Basic Grey stamped sentiment.

Next up, is a set of thank you cards that I made for my mom:
Photobucket
Supplies-cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: Basic Grey Curio; stamps: Basic Grey, Heartfelt Creations leaves; punches: Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Scallop 3 Dot; glitter: Glimmer Mist (Frost, Olive Green, Suede, Burnt Red), Stickles (Frosted Lace); tools: Cuttlebug, Tim Holtz Tonic Paper Distresser; other: Scribbles 3D Paint, red button

I used a Basic Grey's Curio paper and punched the edges with the Martha Stewart punch. I handmade the flowers. I cut them with my pazzles, glimmer misted them and shaped them with my tweezers. I added a leaf bunch and a stamped Basic Grey sentiment. I finished this set off by running the white base for the card through the cuttlebug to add some texture.

Here is a close up of one of the cards by itself:


My mom loved them and used them right away! I'll be having a Step-by-step post on how to do these later on this month so don't forget to come back and learn how to make these cute but fast thank you cards!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you used the snowflakes to decorate the flowers on the first layout! Wonderful work as always Amarilys! I love seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts!! I love how you did the flowers in your Christmas layout with the snowflakes in the middle - very creative!

    Those cards are all so beautiful too! Great job Amarilys - as always your work is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!