Monday, July 4, 2011

monday...Happy 4th!

Good morning friend! I want to wish you all a happy 4th of July from Kissimmee, FL! I hope that you all have a wonderful day with your loved ones having a BBQ and watching the fireworks, or whatever it is that you do on the 4th.

Today I want to share with you a layout that I made:



I used the Sketchy Thursday Sketch 6.23 below for my design:



I had fun working on this one as I used pictures from 2008. I've had these pic for a while but really didn't have a clue on how to scrap them. I used a red/white/blue color palette but didn't use any of the 4th of July paper collections. Instead, I used Pink Paislee's Curriculum red paper for my background and made my own embellies. I also have to mention that I did not use any flowers or butterflies in this layout and I'm actually happy with the results!

Photobucket
I cut out a large star using my Pazzles Inspiration, misted it with Frost glimmer mist and then carefully machine stitched right inside it along the edges. I used it as a background die cut paper. For the title, i cut out a large number 4 out of a leftover polka dot blue MME paper and matted it on white. I then hand stitched the number to add some dimension. I made a pinwheel, a few die cut stars with coordinating glitter edges and added a few red buttons. I designed, printed and cut out my own journaling box (I mean, circle) and layered everything on top of the pictures.


I handmade a few of those die cut, glittery stars and added another one on the bottom right of the pictures to balance out the embellies on top. I added a handmade pearl bling firework on top for dimension.

These handmade pearl blings were so much fun to make! i cut out the basic pattern on acetate with my Pazzles and then added the 3D paint and let it dry. I also cut out small acetate stars and did the same thing to them. I arranged them throughout the layout.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a happy and safe 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my Blog Hop post.
    To come back at your question, actually it is both. First a layer of Gesso and on top some puffy paint.

    Have a lovely day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout! The background star, the matted 4, the fireworks, the machine stitching, the pinwheel.....so cute! One of my favorites of yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!