Friday, September 16, 2011

friday...Birds of a Feather Kit GDT another layout

Happy Friday!!!!

Today I want to share with you another layout that I made with the GORGEOUS Septermber Kit from Birds of a Feather.


Supplies-
cardstock: Bazzill;
patterned paper: Crate Paper Portrait "June", Melissa  Frances 5th Avenue “Antonia”, Echo Park Victoria Gardens “Garden Gate”;
bling: Recollection (from stash);
embellishment: Melissa Frances "Attic Treasures РBags & Tags", "Edwardian Appliqu̩ Set of 4 Mini Frames", Kaisecrafts Rub-Ons "Lamp posts";
alphas: American Craft Thickers "Puffy Vinyl Alphas–Rainboots”;
flowers: Petaloo "Color-Me-Crazy Fabric Trims-Cassidy", Recollections (from stash);
pearls: white (from stash);
lace: American Craft "Crocheted Lace–Robin’s Egg Blue";
tools (from stash): Pazzles Inspiration, sewing machine, Martha Stewart punch; 
other: handmade butterflies, blue flowers, rhinestones from stash
***Everything is included in the Birds of a Feather September Kit unless otherwise noted

When I first received this kit and saw the blue and black papers, I immediately thought of this picture from my hubby and I's honeymoon back in 2009. I printed the professional picture 7"x9" (got to love printing at home!). I layered my pattern papers, distressed them, and machine stitched them to the cream colored cardstock. I layered some flowers in the bottom left corner, embellished my Attic Treasures pocket and added a lamp rub-on. I handmade 3 butterflies, stickled them and added rhinestones for their bodies. This was actually a very simple and fast layout to make even though it looks elaborate and elegant!

The only things that I added from my stash for this layout was the Prima bling, stickles, rhinestones and thin ribbon for the tag. Everything else is included in the yummy September Kit!

Here are some close ups of the layout:








Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Come back tomorrow again! I'll have a quick tutorial on how to make a GORGEOUS card using your garbage! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!