Wednesday, October 5, 2011

wednesday...AWDML October 1 Reveal- Jillibean Soup (2/3)

Happy Wednesday everyone! The week is almost over!!!  :)

Today I want to share a few tips with my next project using Jillibean Soup products. Remember that this month's featured manufacturers for AWDML are Jillibean Soup and Ranger (very exited about this one but I'll have more on this manufacturer on the 15th!). This means that this whole month Jillibean Soup and Ranger products are 25% off over at AWDML!

Here is my layout:

Supplies-
cardstock: DCWV, Core'dinations Vintage Cardstock Burnt Sugar;
patterned paper: Jillibean Soup Blossom Soup Fresh Cilantro, Dutch Mustard Soup Creme Fraiche;
alphas: Jillibean Soup Corrugated Alpha Stickers White;
embellishments: Jillibean Soup Corrugated Shapes Arrows;
buttons: Buttons Galore Button Bonanza Rainforest;
chipboard: American Crafts Thickers;
ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo;
paint: Ranger Adriondack Earthtones Acrylic Paint Dabber Espresso;
pens: Signo White;
other: white acrylic paint, tiny buttons from Walmart, sewing machine

I had so much fun with this layout since the pictures I was working with are of my funny hubby playing racketball (and posing for the camera!) back in 2007. I was inspired by the design of a layout that I made last month (you can see it here) and tried it with a masculine page and love how it looks. I love all the layers it has!


Of course, I made most of my embellies. I used this tutorial by Lisa (modified just a bit) to make the leather-like tag. It was a fun but messy process! LOL I do love how it looks and it gives the layout a very masculine look. I was plesantly surprised to find out that Jillibean Soup makes corrugated shapes, specifically, stars! As you know, I've been handmaking them from cardboard but Jillibeans offers them precut already and they were so much easier to use! I painted them with acrylic paint (white) and then randomly used my paint dauber in brown to give it some depth and color. I added different shaped buttons for the middle and white fabric thickers for this part of the title.


For the other part of the title, I used Jillibean Soup corrugated alphas (which, again, didn't know they existed!) in white. I used my dauber again to paint some areas to match my stars. I distress, inked and machine stitched all the layers.


I handmade a banner with left over papers from my stash. Stitched through it and added tiny buttons in between the pendants. Now, for a fun TIP!

TIP: Don't throw away those pretty Prima flower/bling packaging! Use them on your layout as an accent (their borders are beautifully shaped!) or even as journaling tags like I did here! I just inked the edges and placed on my layout to use as a huge journaling tag!


I hope that you have enjoyed this quick tip and walk-through on how I made my layout. remember to think twice before you throw those packages away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!