Tuesday, October 11, 2011

tuesday...AWDML October 1 Reveal- Jillibean Soup (3/3)

Good morning everyone! I was actually away for the weekend. Went sto see my FIL who is moving to WA state next week. His family (MIL and younger BIL) will follow as soon as they sell the house. Hubby and I had a nice visit but it was sad to see how the house has changed already since they are packing and getting rid of some furniture that they can't take with them. We did have a good visit though even though it was a very rainy weekend down in S. Florida.

Anyway, today I want to share with you one last card using Jillibean Soup products. Remember that this month's featured manufacturers for AWDML are Jillibean Soup and Ranger (more on this on the 15th!). This means that this whole month Jillibean Soup and Ranger products are 25% off over at AWDML!

Here is my card:

Supplies-
patterned paper: Jillibean Soup Spotted Owl Soup Dancing Hats, Spotted Owl Soup 6 Silly Owls;
ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo;
stamp:Basic Grey Delta Series Acrylic Stamps Birthday Hat;
pens: Signo White;
other: pre-scored brown card base from Michaels, sewing machine, Pazzles Inspiration 


This card was so easy to make! I used the Jillibean Soup Spotted Owl Soup Dancing Hats paper for it. I cut a few strips off the pattern paper, inked the edges, and glued them on my brown pre-scored card base. I then machine stitched through all the strips of papers. The little owl I handcut out of the Spotted Owl Soup 6 Silly Owls paper. Isn't he just darling? I stamped the sentiment (by Basic Grey) in black  but it was too dull against the bright colors of the paper so I went over it with Black Diamond stickles to make it pop.

I actually made a sketch for this card and turned it into a challenge over at the AWDML blog. Below is the sketch:



Pretty simple sketch, right? Plus, it gives you an excuse to use those tiny scraps of pattern papers that you can't throw away but are too small for a layout!

Remember to share your take with us over at AWDML and enter to win a $5 gift card to the store! Just post your creation to our Facebook Wall and you’ll automatically be entered in our monthly drawing! I can't wait to see your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!