Tuesday, January 24, 2012

tuesday...AWDML January 15 Reveal-Paper Smooches (3/4)

Today I have another layout to share with you featuring Paper Smooches stamps!

This month's featured manufacturers at A Walk Down Memory Lane are Authentique and Paper Smooches. This means that this whole month  Authentique and Paper Smooches products are 25% off over at the AWDML store! Now, this is my first time working with both manufacturers and I have to say that I love them both! Authentique papers are amazing-great thickness (for distressing), awesome patterns and amazing colors! Paper Smooches has great clear stamps and their alphabets fonts are great!


Supplies-cardstock: Bazzill, DCWV;
patterned paper: Basic Grey Hello Luscious, Jillibean Soup Dutch Mustard Soup 6x6 mini pad;
letter stickers: Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type CS Alpha Cream;
ink: StazOn Jet Black, Tim Holtz (Vintage Photo), UTEE;
stamp: Paper Smooches Acrylic Stamp Alphadot;
flower: Prima Sugar Plum Roses Cinnammon;
pens: American Crafts Precision Pen (Black);
tools: Ranger Tim Holtz Paper Distresser, Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page (deco fan), Cuttlebug Machine, Pazzles Inspiration Machine;
other: flowers, brads, buttons and stick pin from stash, sewing machine

I made this masculine layout using my old stash. Everything from the pattern paper to the alphas to the embellies were in my stash. It feels good to use your stash to make room for new scrappy goodies!


Again, I used my Paper Smooches Alphabet Stamp (Alphadot) to make my title. I stamped each letter individually in black ink on kraft cardstock. I cut them apart, dry embossed them using my Cuttlebug machine,  inked their edges and VOILA! Custom masculine alphas for my layout!


I did a lot of distressing and inking on this layout to make it a bit more masculine. I always struggle with masculine layouts because I feel that the finished page is not layered or embellished enough. To make sure that this didn't happen with this layout, I decided to use masculine color flowers (browns, deep oranges) and add buttons as their center. I also cut a few gears with my Pazzles Inspiration, inked them and used UTEE on them to give them a nice finishing look. I love how they turned out!


Here's another look at the bigger cluster. I just love how the gears look on this layout! I also added a small denim (my old pair of jeans) knot to the cluster for a pop of a different color!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I hope you have a FANTASTIC week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!