Friday, February 3, 2012

friday...AWDML February 1 Reveal-Nikki Sivils (2/3)

TGIF! Today I want to share a layout with you that I made using a color palette that I'd have never used before: yellow, purple and green!

Remember that this month's featured manufacturers at A Walk Down Memory Lane are Nikki Sivils and Inky Antics. This means that this whole month Nikki Sivils and Inky Antics products are 25% off over at the AWDML store!


Supplies-
cardstock: Bazzill;
patterned paper: Nikki Sivils Summer It's Summer Diecut;
bling: Rangers Stickles (Cinnamon), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Sunflower), Prima Say it in Crystals Swirls;
letter stickers: Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type CS Alpha Brown, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Numbers Black;
pens: American Crafts Precision Pen (Black);
tools: Cuttlebug Machine, My Favorite Things Die-namics Flower & Leaf Trio, Fiskars sun punch, Pazzles Inspiration machine;
other: doily,

I just love these pictures that I took during the Butterfly Days at Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden in 2010 and was waiting for the right sketch or layout design for them so I tweaked my sketch below (I rotated it to the left and moved the main picture into the middle of the page and added a second cluster on the right to balance the one in the top left side) and came up with this new design!



Here are a few close up pictures of the layout:


Of course that i handmade some flowers for my layout! I didn't want them to overpower my pictures so I made a small cluster of small and different shades of purple flowers using the My Favorite Things Die-namics Flower & Leaf Trio dies.


I glimmer misted a 4" doily, cut it in half and added half to each opposing corners on top  and bottom of the pictures and then I built my cluster right over it. I also added some bling and butterflies since I though it was appropriate in this case.  :)


For the first two words of my title, I designed and cut it with my Pazzles Inspiration and for the last two words I used Cosmo Cricket tiny letter stickers in brown.


I just love this die cut paper by Nikki Sivils and since it comes with lines I used it to journal right on it!

For this layout I pulled the colors from my pictures and ended up with this color palette:


I always like color challenges because it makes you use colors and combos that you would never have thought of on your own! If you want to give this color combo a chance, share your creations with us over at the AWDML blog or Facebook page. We would love to see your creations!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty butterfly layout!! love those sweet blue flower too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!