Tuesday, March 27, 2012

tuesday..Tip/Technique using border punches

Hi everyone! Welcome to my blog! Today I have a tip on how to use your border punches in a different way. I know you have at least one and today we will use it since it probably has been a little bit since you last used it!

Here's my layout:
Supplies-
cardstock: Bazzill;
patterned paper: Jillibean Soup Dutch Mustard Soup Leeks, My Mind's Eye (Just Dreamy 2-No Girls Allowed, Paisley Power), Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime Pixie Post, Echo Park Victoria Gardens Delightful Doilies, Doodlebug Accent Papers Swiss Dot Bon Bon, Mariposa Stack, Imaginisce Bday Bash It's a Party,
letter stickers: Basic Grey Hello Luscious mini mono stickers;
pearls: Ranger Liquid Pearl (Opal White);
bling: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Pearl);
ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo), StazOn Archival Ink (Brown Timber);
pens: American Crafts Precision Pen (Black), Copic Marker;
stamp: Prima Notary Stamp, Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Flowers PreCut Set;
tools: Cuttlebug machine, Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page (Scallop Dot), Spellbinders Rose Creations, Tim Holtz Paper Distressor;
other: Ranger Glossy Accents


Tip: Use your border punch to make a 12" border over half of your layout for added interest.
I made this layout using scraps only, except for the background white cardstock. I gathered my coordinating scraps and used my EK Success Martha Stewart Edge Punch Scallop Dot and punched the border.

I then trimmed the strips to 6" and I varied their width for added interest. Because the pattern papers are a bit busier, I decided to go with black and white pictures and very neutral embellies. This technique works because you use the same punch unifying the layout. You can even use different color pattern papers (rainbow colors) and the finished layout will still look amazing!

Here are a few more close ups of my layout:




I hope that you enjoyed this little tip and can use it to tackle those scraps! If you use this tip, leave me a comment here with a link to your project so I can check it out! Also, I'm working on a step by step tutorial on how I made this layout. Come back on Thursday to check it out! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!