Saturday, April 21, 2012

saturday...Birds of a Feather GDT-April

I hope that you are having a happy weekend! It's dark and gloomy here in Orlando, Fl today but hubby and I are staying indoors since we are packing for our move, which is only 1.5 weeks away now! We are really exited and eager to move but first, we have to pack!

Today I want to share with you a card that I made with scraps from the Birds of a Feather April Kit:

Photobucket
Supplies-
cardstock: Recollections;
patterned paper: Prima Almanac Collection (Agenda, Shaffer, Wordsmith);
flowers: Jenni Bowlin Studios Doily Flowers (Black), Prima Almanac Camille flowers;
glitter glue: Ranger Stickles (Diamond);
bling: Kaisercraft Black Rhinestones, Want to Scrap Black Pearls;
tools: Cuttlebug Machine, Cuttlebug Victoria A2 Embossing Folder, Tim Holtz Paper Distresser, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch;
other: brown floss, ticket, microbeads

***The BOLDED supplies are included in the Birds of a Feather April Kit or Extra Embellies Kit. Everything else is from my stash.


I cut the black Jenni Bowlin flowers in half and turned them into a chick banner. I then added some flowers, butterflies, pearls and rhinestones to embellish my card. I finished by adding a Tim Holtz (from my stash) ticket as my sentiment.

Here's a close up of the card:

I actually put together a quick tutorial on how I made the base of the card:

Step 1. Gather those tiny strips at the end of the pattern papers, you need one from each sheet, and cut them to 4.25" (this is your card width).


Step 2. Distress the edges to give them dimension.


Step 3. Cut a cream cardstock down to 5.5"x4.25", emboss and distress the edges.


Step 4. Add the strips of paper unto the embossed cardstock as shown.


Step 5. Fold a 8.5"x11" sheet of cardstock in half and cut again in half, leaving you with perfect 5.5"x4.25" card bases. Adhere the distressed and embossed cardstock unto the card base. And there you have it! A GORGEOUS card base for you to add embellies to!

Go HERE to check out and purchase April's Kit before it's too late!


Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Come back Tuesday and I'll share with you my last project for Birds of a Feather. Trust me, you wont want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!