Tuesday, June 5, 2012

tuesday...Scrap That! June Kit-Layout #1

Hi everyone! Today I want to share with you the layout that I made based on my sketch for Scrap That! June Kit!

June's Sketch by: Amarilys Doria (that's me!)

Please join our June Sketch Challenge HERE that I'm hosting! It ends on June 15 so hurry and share your layouts with us!

Here's my take on the sketch:


Always by my side

I used the Main Kit for this layout only (no embellie add-ons or flowers add-ons) and did not add anything from my stash. I used the gorgeous lace to add layers to this layout which I wanted to keep green/brown to match the photo of my hubby and I during our engagement session.

Here are some close ups of the layout:
 I made the paper roses and added the white roses included in the kit as the centers. I also die cut a bunch of leaves from the green paper and added them to the cluster.


I made a wavy circle and used it to replace the doily as per the sketch. I machine stitched around the edges and distressed all the layers on this layout. The butterfly here is fuzzy cut from one of the pattern papers. I


I just loved the wide lace included in this month's kit! I added part of my title on it :)


Close up of the pretty lace and yellow rose.

I added one the tickets from the kit on the right of the layout.

Thanks for stopping by today and come back soon as I'll be sharing the rest of the projects that I made for Scrap That! Kit with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!