Tuesday, June 12, 2012

tuesday...Tip/Technique on using circles

Hi everyone! I have a fun tip to share with you today.

Tip: Use different size circles to accent a layout.


Supplies-
cardstock: Bazzill;
patterned paper: BoBunny Etc, MME Lost & Found II (Sunshine) 6x6 paper bundle;
letter stickers: Fancy Pants Alpha (Hot Chocolate), Prima Marketing Alphabet Stickers;
flowers: Prima Marketing Blooms;
pearls: Wantt o Scrap baby pearls (LaCreme);
twine: The Twinery Twine Charcoal Bundle;
ink: Tim Holtz (Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain);
tools: Spellbinders Foiliage dies, Cuttlebug Machine, Tim Holtz Paper Distresser, Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page (Scallop 2 Dots), EK Success Martha Stewart 1" Circle, EK Success Paper Shapers Circle Punch 1 1/4", EK Success Martha Stewart Large Circle Cutter;
other: buttons, sewing machine, Epson Stylus printer


I cut different size circles out of scraps of yellows/browns/cream pattern papers and layered them in the center to make an interesting backdrop for my pictures. I used 3 3"x3" photos of my dog and accented them with a Martha Stewart punched border. I pulled the layout together by adding a lollipop flower anda few accent buttons in the same colors as the pattern papers.

Below are some close ups of my layout:











Hope you will try using circles in your next layout! It's also a great way to use those scraps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!