Saturday, February 2, 2013

saturday...ScrapThat! February Kit-Layout #1

I hope that you are all having a great weekend so far! Today I want to share with you my first layout with the ScrapThat! February Kit "With Love", which features Prima Romance Novel Collection!

My first layout is based on my sketch for ScrapThat! February Kit.
(Everyone is welcome to participate, all entries due by February 20th)

My first layout is actually a wedding layout, which means that I'm still trying to finish my wedding album!
I used the Main Kit, The Embellishment Add On and Flower Add On for this layout. The lace and bling are leftovers from the June ScrapThat! Kit. The leaves, butterflies and title are all handmade by me. 

I've kept three things constant in my wedding album to make it flow: the title font, which I cut with my Pazzles Inspiration (Font: Copper Black) and then run through my Cuttlebug machine with the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and add stickles to the embossed dots (hard to see it in the picture but I did add the stickles).


The second thing that I add to all my wedding layouts is this print out leaf from a Pink Paislee pattern paper. I loved it so much that before I cut it up and used it, I scanned the image and print it out in 4"x6" photo paper to use over and over again in my wedding layouts. On a side note, aren't these Prima Flowers simply amazing? They matched my wedding theme/colors perfectly!


Lastly, I add the same printed/embellished butterflies to all my wedding layouts. I don't remember where I found the original image anymore but I kept it and print it over and over again just like I do with the leaves. The butterflies though, I print on vellum, add black stickles and Diamond Glaze to finish these off.


Here's a close up to the canvas heart by Basically Bare and a small bling swirl from a previous ScrapThat! Kit. It was actually my first time using the Basically Bare products and I have to say, they are pretty cool!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today to check out my layout. I really appreciate it! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Such a stunning wedding page, Amy!! What lovely work with the ScrapThat! kit!! Love the embossed letters and glittered stamped leaves! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!