Monday, April 8, 2013

monday...ScrapThat! April Kit-Layout #1

Hi everyone! Happy Monday! Hubby and I are on vacation this week but I thought I'd share with you a bit about each of my Scrapthat! April projects.

The first one is my layout based on my sketch for the April Kit:


(See details about the challenge here: Sketch Challenges)


and here's my take on it:

"All of Us" Layout


I used the Main Kit, The Embellishment Add On and Flower Add On for this layout. The doily, bling title and script paper used for my handmade flowers are from my stash. The leaves, butterflies and flowers are all handmade by me. This picture is of my best friend and her hubby with my hubby and I at her Baby Shower last year.

I definitely wanted this layout to be distressed and I went to town distressing on this one! I first distressed it with my Distrezz-it-All tool and then I water distressed it. I had forgotten how much I love to water distress! I followed the sketch down to a t and even did my 'random' tearings at the same suggested spots as the sketch.

Aren't these flowers the sweetest? These are actually made with Authentique patter paper (Not included in the kit) but I thought it went so well with the kit that I had to use it! I paired it with the sweet IAR white mini rose and some lemon pearls.

These pink blooms are inspired (completely-here's the tutorial!) by Tracey S. I loved her tutorial and had to use it to make some sweet pink shabby chic blooms for this layout. I just love how they look! I brushed the edges with white acrylic paint and added some stickles. 

Another close up of my distressing/peek a boo area. This one is in the bottom.


I came across THIS tutorial by Mistra and knew I had to try it for this page and I love how the paper ruffles turned out! I thought it would only be appropriate to add a bling title over a very distressed paper. I love how this layout turned out!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Come back on Wednesday for another Heartfelt Creations release!

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the distressed background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous page, Amy!! Your rose is gorgeous and thanks for the link!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!