Tuesday, April 16, 2013

tuesday...OWH father's day card set

Hi bloggers! I'm back from our Miami vacation. We had a great time despite the fact that I got horrible sunburn and hubby got seasick-all during our second day there! We did end up enjoying ourselves for the rest of the trip and had a great time spending time with our friends and family.

Do you remember my post last week about Operation Write Home? Well, I worked with the same sketch and OSW diagram to make another batch of cards for them, this time, for Father's Day.

Here's my sketch inspiration:167

and my quick OSW diagram, in case you are interested:


and here is my 8 cards set from this One Sheet Wonder design:


I think I'm in love with OSW, specially when paired with Heartfelt Creations papers, stamps and dies! It took no more than 1 hr to complete this 8 card set! I used the newest collection by Heartfelt Creations-The Balmy Breeze Collection, which is just perfect for masculine cards and scrapbook pages.

Here are some close ups of the cards:






I kept this set pretty simple as I feel masculine cards should be (plus, these cards have to be less than 1/4" thick for our heroes oversea to send back to their loved ones). I printed the sentiment on a cream colored Recollections cardstock, die cut around the sentiment, leaving some space for the stamp in the bottom right corner, and then stamped my ship image. I then lightly inked around the embossed image to give it a lightly aged look. i pop dotted it and added a button on the left. I added faux stitching around the edges and added a piece of brown ribbon to add texture.

Heartfelt Creations Products Used:
High Seas PreCut Set
Balmy Breeze Paper Collection
Thanks for stopping by again today!  :)


4 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! It's great to let the pretty papers do most of the work! I copies your OSW design to my desktop. I will definitely use that in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful. I love, love, love the colors and papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow now I understand... these are great!!! sorry about your trip. Hope you feel better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!