Friday, November 1, 2013

friday...Swirlydoos October Kit Layout #5

Happy Friday and 1st of November! November is so hectic for us since my hubby and my cousin's birthdays are on the 7th and my brother-in-law's birthday and my birthday is on the 8th! This month, we also have my mother-in-law's birthday and my little cousin's birthday and to top it off, Thanksgiving is also this month! Do you also have one of those months that are so hectic you feel like you barely have time to take a deep breath!?

Well, anyway, let me not get ahead of myself! Today I'm sharing a masculine layout that I made using the Swirlydoos October Kit, The Sweetest Thing.


The picture is of my hubby with his cowboy hat earlier this year. He was in a good mood so I took advantage and took a few pictures!

It has been a while since I've shared a new sketch so, here's a brand new sketch from me!


Here are some close ups of my work:

To pull off a masculine layout with this kit, i first pulled all the neutral papers and embellies aside so I could choose what I wanted to use. I used the distressed wooden pattern paper as the background because that screamed masculine to me. I distressed all the layers of papers and used burlap and corrugated cardboard to add a bit more ruggedness to my layout. 


Of course, i had to use flowers on my layout but I used these neutral, distressed flowers with a pop of the yellow flowers for added color as my embellies. I also added some distressed leaves as well.


Here's a close up of one of the corrugated cardboard that I added to the layout. I painted it with white acrylic paint and distressed it with Vintage Photo distress ink.


These little chipboard pieces are the leftovers from the birdcages. I inked them and added them to the layout to look like chevron arrows.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a wonderful weekend!

Follow Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!