Thursday, November 7, 2013

thursday...Swirlydoos November Kit Layout #1

Happy Thursday! Today is a special day since it's my husband's 30th Birthday! I love you bebe! Hope you have the best birthday ever!!!

Today I'd like to share with you my Anatomy of a Layout page that I made using the Swirlydoos November Main Kit Only.


Step 1. Cut out a 8" circle and a 7"x5" rectangle from these two pattern papers included in the kit.


Step 2. Distress them using a Tim Holtz paper distresser and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink. Machine stitch (or hand stitch) around the circle.


Step 3. This is the handmade part of the layout. Cut two 6" long pieces of red cord and make two loops. Tie a knot at the end to make them stay. Trim a 5" long piece of wired ribbon and make a few folds to it.


Step 4. Adhere the circle to the background a bit off centered and mat the photo on the other lighter distressed paper and add over the circle.


Step 5. Add two smaller photos right under the main 6"x4" photo. Lightly ink the edges of the two sticker corners and tuck them in under the top side of the photo. Tuck in the green ribbon under the right side of the photo as shown.


Step 6. Add your flowers and leaves around the photos.


Step 7. Now, tuck in the two red double-looped cord into the flower cluster as well as a few wooden Prima flower and leaves.


Step 8. Add the remaining stickers (bird and butterflies) after lightly inking the edges. Also, fuzzy cut the sentiment from the 4"x3" journaling card and add over the right side of the photo.

Step 9. Add pearls to the butterflies' center and sentiment. Also, add stickles to highlight your butterflies and bird. Finally, add a sweet journaling right under the small photos.

This layout is based on the sketch for this month:

About this layout: The white Maltese, her name is Princess, is my mom's dog. She got pregnant last year and we had 4 little surprises, all different colors! I decided to bring her home with me from my mom's because she couldn't take care of the pups and inevitable, my hubby and I fell in love with one (the one nursing in the main picture). These pictures were taken when the pups were 5 weeks old and it was the first time that we took them outside. At first, they were hesitant but soon they started running and playing with each other!

Here are some close ups:








Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I really appreciate it! :)

Follow Me

1 comment:

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!