Sunday, September 19, 2010

sunday...

Happy Sunday!

I have a few projects that I will be sharing with you today, as well as a brand new tutorial!

The first one is a card that I made for my newest baby cousin's baptism.


I do not have the Bookatrix so I did the next best thing-I used my Pazzles to make the shapes. I also handmade all the paper roses, butterflies and leaves. I embossed the top layer and added 3D paint to accent the poem and title. I love how this cute little card came out and will probably be making some more of them soon!

Here are a few close ups:


Now I have two TCR #23 layouts to show you.
This first one is from last week:


and here's the palette I was working with:


I must admit, orange/blue/green combos scare me but I love how they look together! I didn't have flowers that matched this layout so I ended up making my own (tutorial in previous post). I love the softness of this layout! I found this old picture of my dad, little brother and I (I was 12 yrs old here) feeding the ducks after church.

Here are some close ups of the layout:


The second layout is for this week's TCR #24:




Loved this combo but it was hard because soft colored palettes are very hard for me to work with. I used a picture of my husband's schoolmates and their wives taken earlier this year when we went for dinner at Texas de Brazil (love this restaurant!). Again, I used the same leaves and flowers as in the previous TCR layout. I'm entering this one in Sept. DIY Challenge at sb.com.
Black flowers: Dried Satin Rose By Kenlin
Blue flowers: Water Distressed Bloom By Gabrielle
Leathery paper strips: Masking Tape Background By Lisa Valentine

Here are some close ups of the layout:


I'll be posting a tutorial for my light yellow flowers very soon (I'm still working on it!) so please come back in a bit for the tutorial!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. That card is amazing!!! Awesome job and I love your layouts and flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!