Sunday, September 19, 2010

sunday...again!

Welcome back! I've had a lot of people asking me how I made these flowers so I decided to make a quick tutorial for you all!

I'm calling them Mountain Lily, since they kind of look like them.

Step 1

You need two 4 tipped flower, similar to this one. I used a cuttlebug die cut that I've had for years. If you don't have a die cutting machine, you can download this shape that I made for you and hand cut it. Remember to resize to the size that you want. Mine die cut is 1.25"x1.25" and the end product is about 1.5".

Step 2

Chalk the center of your die cut shape to desired color. This is optional but it will give your flower more dimension. You can always do the die cut in a light yellow paper and skip this step.

Step 3

Using a sharpie or a marker of your choice, draw different size dots, with the center having a lot than the tips. Leave one side without them since you wont see it anyway.

Step 4

Turn your die cut on over and cup the petals. I use a sharpie and my mouse pad, as you can see. Be careful not to be too rough with the paper because you might break it.

Step 5

Cut a small slit to the center. Glue the colored petal over the white petal.

Step 6

Your die cuts should look like this now and you can see how they are starting to look like flowers.

Step 7

Fold the tips toward the bottom like shown in the picture. This will make the flower look more realistic.

Step 8

Glue them together, making sure that the petals do not end up one over the other. At this point in time, you are pretty much done. You can stop here and add a rhinestone to your bloom or a pretty button or even a smaller flower but I like the stamens on this blooms so I did two more steps for this.

Step 9

I used thicker thread for the stamen. I made a knot at the ends and added four stamens. I made a hole through the flowers and inserted the thread, creating the stamen.

Step 10

These is a close up picture of the flowers on my layout already. I added stickles o the center and highlighted the black dots with stickles too. I use a glue dot to adhere these flowers to my page.

Thank you so much for stopping by and looking through my tutorial. I appreciate it! If you use this tutorial, please give me credit in your post and link your creation here so I can check it out too!
Thanks!

14 comments:

  1. thank you so much for the tut and thank you for the images because i do not have a 4 petal die cut or punch. You rock and I am so excited to make one of these gorgeous flowers. thank you again.. carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - These flowers are gorgeous! You did incredible with this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwww that is so nice, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers!!! Thanks for the tip on how to make them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy - great tutorial! I didn't believe you when you said those gorgeous flowers would be easy to make! LOL -- can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking the time to share this gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely lovely! Know what I am doing today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhhh these are soooo amazing....I need these for themini I am working on....thank you soooo much!!!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful flowers.......keep it up dear.....thnkz fr sharing ur talent....

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey thanks frsharing ur talent.....keep d spirit up......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!