Wednesday, October 6, 2010

wednesday...

good morning! As promised, here is the double pager. You probably recognize the layout since I made a sketch just for it in 2009 and a digital double pager too! The pictures themselves are from Dec. 2007 from my now brother in law's wedding. Their colors were black, white and red so this is the palette that I chose and coincidentally, it's the same palette for TCR this week!

Double Layout


Left Side


Right Side


and TCR Palette #25:


I handmade the red flowers. they were one of the first flowers I actually made but since I don't use red much in my layouts I hadn't used them yet but they worked wonderfully for this layout. The white flowers were an applique from an old blouse and I'm not sure whose it was. Oh well! It made for some free pretty white flowers! LOL I handmade the butterflies and used journaling strips for my journaling. I love how elegant they can look! For the title, I printed out their names and traced it onto the background paper. I then added different sizes of 3D paint drops to make the title. I love how it turned out! I water distressed the strip of paper behind the main picture on the left page to make it the focal picture. I triple matted some pictures to make them pop and pop dotted the main pictures which I double matted in the same color (white) twice. It makes for a nice effect!

Here are some close ups:


Thanks for stopping by again today and don't forget to stop by tomorrow. It will be my first reveal as a guest DT for Sketchy Thursdays!

1 comment:

  1. OMGOSH this is sooooo beautiful!!! Loveee the color combo and all that sparkle!!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!