Monday, November 8, 2010

monday...

Happy Birthday to me!


I can't believe that I'm turning 26 today! This past weekend was a very fun weekend. My husband's birthday, as well as my cousin's birthday, was yesterday, Nov. 7th so we had a big birthday celebration!

bday weekend
On Friday, my husband and I went to Texas de Brazil, our favorite Brazilian restaurant. There are 3 here in Miami so we went to the third one in the beach so that we can say that we have been to all of them before we move to Seattle. We had a wonderful time! After dinner, we walked on South Beach and eventually on the beach at night. The sea looked gorgeous at night and there was a nice breeze outside. We got back home late that night.

bday weekend
On Saturday, Luis and I went to the Everglades. Again, it's one of those things that we have here in Miami but being locals we have never done or been to so we decided to go and enjoy it! We did enjoy it and we are planning on going back soon because we couldn't finish it! We also want to go kayaking there (yes, I'm aware that there are gators there!).

bday weekendSunday was a big day. We celebrated all of our 3 birthdays together. My dad treated my family and my cousin's family to a brunch at the Rusty Pelicans, which happens to be the same restaurant that we celebrated my Quinces (15th). We were there until pretty late also and enjoyed every minute of it. At night, Luis and I went to his parent's house to have dinner and spend some time with them too.

Today, well today I turn 26, like I said before and to celebrate it, I have a brand new sketch for you all!

Here it is:


and in case you need some inspiration, below are some digi layouts that I made using this sketch.

Take #1

For this layout I used the sketch as is and barely changed anything. This is one of our engagement pictures and one of my favorite. I used nature colors with a pop of aqua to make give it a hint of color.

Take #2

For this layout I rotated the sketch clockwise twice, to get the doily on the bottom right side of the layout and broke up the big picture to include one larger picture and 2 smaller ones. See how different the pages can be even though you are using the same sketch? This little boy is my youngest cousin. Can you believe that he is only 1 month old in these pictures? He's wearing size 6M already!

Take #3

For this last one, I rotated the sketch counter clockwise once and used cheery colors to make my 26th birthday layout. I used Photoshop to enhance my picture and give it a soft dreamy appearance.

Thank you so much for stopping over my blog today! Enjoy the sketch!

2 comments:

  1. aww Happy Birthday to you!!! I loveeee your sketch and all 3 takes on it but really love the first one!!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!